XP crash and burn

August 27, 2004 5:51:22 PM

How do I reinstall XP on home computer. As you can tell,
not very prolific with computers.

I do have original disk that came with systme.

More about : crash burn

Anonymous
August 27, 2004 9:18:38 PM

Hi,

If the system was preinstalled and you have a recovery disk, you should
follow the manufacturers' instructions. If this is a generice WinXP CD, boot
the system with it and enter setup. At the installation location screen,
choose to delete the existing system partition, then create a new one from
the free space. Format it and proceed with the installation.

In either case, make sure you have your Product Key handy before you begin,
as you may not be able to retrieve it from the registry later.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Tbone" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I reinstall XP on home computer. As you can tell,
> not very prolific with computers.
>
> I do have original disk that came with systme.
Anonymous
August 27, 2004 9:30:25 PM

See here http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/clean_install.htm

--