XP crash and burn

How do I reinstall XP on home computer. As you can tell,
not very prolific with computers.

I do have original disk that came with systme.
2 answers Last reply
More about crash burn

    Hi,

    If the system was preinstalled and you have a recovery disk, you should
    follow the manufacturers' instructions. If this is a generice WinXP CD, boot
    the system with it and enter setup. At the installation location screen,
    choose to delete the existing system partition, then create a new one from
    the free space. Format it and proceed with the installation.

    In either case, make sure you have your Product Key handy before you begin,
    as you may not be able to retrieve it from the registry later.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    See here http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/clean_install.htm

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "Tbone" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How do I reinstall XP on home computer. As you can tell,
    > not very prolific with computers.
    >
    > I do have original disk that came with systme.

Burner Crash Windows XP