Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epso..

Which is the best printer? Main points below.

1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up)
going off center and needed adjusting.

2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which
printer performs best.

3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD

To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the
printers so far.

1. Epson R300 £84.95
2. Canon I865 £119.99
3. Canon IP4000 £99.99

Thanks

Mike
7 answers Last reply
More about which printer canon ip4000 canon i865 epso

    I have the R300 and love it. I do not love the price of the
    replacement ink. I have printed about 200 DVD and CD labels with it
    and have not had a problem. The software that comes with the printer
    has performed well. Check out the options for re-inking of this
    machine and you will be pleased with it. I believe that Canon has the
    same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount
    of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for
    Epson, I don't know about Canon.

    Pipermedic

    In article pipermedic says...
    > I believe that Canon has the
    > same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount
    > of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for
    > Epson, I don't know about Canon.

    Canon carts don't have chips.

    If you like R300 why not consider R200? Same thing without frills.

    Definitely Epson R300.

    But you said:
    "2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which
    printer performs best."

    This is the problem. Epson's ink is not cheap.

    Try this then:
    http://www.InkRepublic.com

    They make good bulk ink system for Epson and currently they are running
    year-end sale, everything is 20% off plus free shipping to all over the
    world.

    Good luck!

    Gee, DaisyCutter, do you happen to know TrendyInc by any chance?

    Art

    DaisyCutter wrote:

    > Definitely Epson R300.
    >
    > But you said:
    > "2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which
    > printer performs best."
    >
    > This is the problem. Epson's ink is not cheap.
    >
    > Try this then:
    > http://www.InkRepublic.com
    >
    > They make good bulk ink system for Epson and currently they are running
    > year-end sale, everything is 20% off plus free shipping to all over the
    > world.
    >
    > Good luck!

    Arthur,

    We are sorry for thsese "spam". We have no control with marketing
    companies. We have told them stop doing this.

    Again, we apologize for this mess. You all have great holidays.

    InkRepublic.com
    http://www.InkRepublic.com
    info@InkRepublic.com

    DaisyCutter wrote:
    > Definitely Epson R300.
    >
    > But you said:
    > "2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which
    > printer performs best."
    >
    > This is the problem. Epson's ink is not cheap.
    >
    > Try this then:
    > http://www.InkRepublic.com
    >
    > They make good bulk ink system for Epson and currently they are running
    > year-end sale, everything is 20% off plus free shipping to all over the
    > world.
    >
    > Good luck!

    They are both good printers and you should only use factory ink.
    However, if you want a dual purpose (business and photo) printer the
    IP4000 is best. It is faster than the Epson, as good if not better
    photo print quality, better business print quality due to the extra
    pigmented black, dual paper feed and prints full duplex.

    The Epson does print on special printable CDs but people has said the
    mechanism malfunctions.

    Our emails and list mail have probably crossed. Thank you for your
    apology, I now understand what has been going on. I'm glad you are
    trying to control the situation.

    Art

    InkRepublic.com wrote:

    > Arthur,
    >
    > We are sorry for thsese "spam". We have no control with marketing
    > companies. We have told them stop doing this.
    >

    > Again, we apologize for this mess. You all have great holidays.
    >

    > InkRepublic.com
    > http://www.InkRepublic.com
    > info@InkRepublic.com
    >

    > Arthur Entlich wrote:
    >
    >>Gee, DaisyCutter, do you happen to know TrendyInc by any chance?
    >>
    >>Art
    >>
    >>DaisyCutter wrote:
    >>

    >>>Definitely Epson R300.
    >>>
    >>>But you said:
    >>>"2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost
    >
    > which
    >
    >>>printer performs best."
    >>>
    >>>This is the problem. Epson's ink is not cheap.
    >>>
    >>>Try this then:
    >>>http://www.InkRepublic.com
    >>>
    >>>They make good bulk ink system for Epson and currently they are
    >
    > running
    >
    >>>year-end sale, everything is 20% off plus free shipping to all over
    >
    > the
    >
    >>>world.
    >>>
    >>>Good luck!

Printers Canon CD-Rom Peripherals