Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epso..

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
December 10, 2004 7:11:32 PM

Which is the best printer? Main points below.

1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up)
going off center and needed adjusting.

2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which
printer performs best.

3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD

To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the
printers so far.

1. Epson R300 £84.95
2. Canon I865 £119.99
3. Canon IP4000 £99.99

Thanks

Mike
Anonymous
December 11, 2004 1:32:53 PM

I have the R300 and love it. I do not love the price of the
replacement ink. I have printed about 200 DVD and CD labels with it
and have not had a problem. The software that comes with the printer
has performed well. Check out the options for re-inking of this
machine and you will be pleased with it. I believe that Canon has the
same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount
of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for
Epson, I don't know about Canon.

Pipermedic
Anonymous
December 12, 2004 11:36:56 AM

In article pipermedic says...
> I believe that Canon has the
> same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount
> of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for
> Epson, I don't know about Canon.

Canon carts don't have chips.

If you like R300 why not consider R200? Same thing without frills.
December 16, 2004 7:18:22 PM

Definitely Epson R300.

But you said:
"2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which
printer performs best."

This is the problem. Epson's ink is not cheap.

Try this then:
http://www.InkRepublic.com

They make good bulk ink system for Epson and currently they are running
year-end sale, everything is 20% off plus free shipping to all over the
world.

Good luck!
Anonymous
December 18, 2004 6:20:10 PM

Gee, DaisyCutter, do you happen to know TrendyInc by any chance?

Art

DaisyCutter wrote:

> Definitely Epson R300.
>
> But you said:
> "2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which
> printer performs best."
>
> This is the problem. Epson's ink is not cheap.
>
> Try this then:
> http://www.InkRepublic.com
>
> They make good bulk ink system for Epson and currently they are running
> year-end sale, everything is 20% off plus free shipping to all over the
> world.
>
> Good luck!

Anonymous
December 23, 2004 4:26:31 PM

Arthur,

We are sorry for thsese "spam". We have no control with marketing
companies. We have told them stop doing this.

Again, we apologize for this mess. You all have great holidays.

InkRepublic.com
http://www.InkRepublic.com
info@InkRepublic.com

Arthur Entlich wrote:
> Gee, DaisyCutter, do you happen to know TrendyInc by any chance?
>
> Art
>
> DaisyCutter wrote:
>
> > Definitely Epson R300.
> >
> > But you said:
> > "2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost
which
> > printer performs best."
> >
> > This is the problem. Epson's ink is not cheap.
> >
> > Try this then:
> > http://www.InkRepublic.com
> >
> > They make good bulk ink system for Epson and currently they are
running
> > year-end sale, everything is 20% off plus free shipping to all over
the
> > world.
> >
> > Good luck!

Anonymous
December 23, 2004 10:49:42 PM

DaisyCutter wrote:
> Definitely Epson R300.
>
> But you said:
> "2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which
> printer performs best."
>
> This is the problem. Epson's ink is not cheap.
>
> Try this then:
> http://www.InkRepublic.com
>
> They make good bulk ink system for Epson and currently they are running
> year-end sale, everything is 20% off plus free shipping to all over the
> world.
>
> Good luck!

They are both good printers and you should only use factory ink.
However, if you want a dual purpose (business and photo) printer the
IP4000 is best. It is faster than the Epson, as good if not better
photo print quality, better business print quality due to the extra
pigmented black, dual paper feed and prints full duplex.

The Epson does print on special printable CDs but people has said the
mechanism malfunctions.
Anonymous
December 25, 2004 10:42:32 AM

Our emails and list mail have probably crossed. Thank you for your
apology, I now understand what has been going on. I'm glad you are
trying to control the situation.

Art

!