Epson 925 additional horizontal lines

Can anybody help with additional fine horizontal lines being printed
on my Epson Photostylus 925. My print nozzle pattern is 100%. It is
like the print head is dragging additional lines across the paper. Is
the print head worn out. Its only a couple of years old.Cleaning makes
no difference and the problem just comes and goes but is getting
worse.

I am getting like I really hate inkjet printers, my mono laser gives
me nothing like the problems I get with inkjets, can't wait until the
whole inkjet technology is consigned to the scrapheap.

darkdeap

On 10 Dec 2004 11:45:02 -0800, in comp.periphs.printers
darkdeap@hotmail.com (Nigbo) wrote:

>Can anybody help with additional fine horizontal lines being printed
>on my Epson Photostylus 925. My print nozzle pattern is 100%. It is
>like the print head is dragging additional lines across the paper. Is
>the print head worn out. Its only a couple of years old.Cleaning makes
>no difference and the problem just comes and goes but is getting
>worse.

Check the paper feed pizza wheels and rollers for contamination of ink.
Also check that the all the pads used to capture the ink during cleaning
and head parking are not saturated. You may consider placing if they are.
First of you could try just blotting the ink out/off them with some
absorbent material, alternated with a bit of Windex acting as a solvent
under the pads are clean. Then let dry. You may need to remove the top
cover to get to the head capping pad. Use the buttons on the printer to
move the head over to the left to allow you to inspect this area. Be
careful not to knock the head capping mechanism around. Use Windex here to
soak the foam and then blot up the ink. This will take a several cycles.
You can also lightly soak the pad, park the head and let it sit for a while
(hours or even overnight for bad clogs) as a method to clean off the
surface of the head. Again this may take a few cycles. If you have clogging
problems, this is one of the easiest methods you can use to help remove
external ink which may be contributing to the clogs.
http://EdwardGRuf.com

1- try printing at 720 dpi and see if the problem goes away

2- try printing in 1440 dpi or whatever you normally use, and using the
paper thickness lever lift the heads as if the printer was using
envelopes or thicker paper.

3- are the lines very thin but distinct (rather than smudged and airy or
curved and irregular) and of only one color and do they also go through
the margins, and tend to be vertically evenly spaced when they appear?

With the answers to these questions I can probably diagnose the problem.

If answer to 1- is "yes", and two is "no" and three is "yes, thin,
distinct and evenly spaced", you have the dreaded stuck nozzle syndrome,
which means a head failure and only a head replacement is the fix.

If the answers are "No" to 1- and "yes" to 2 and 3 is "they are smudged,
airy or irregular", then it is likely just some underhead cleaning
required which I can direct you to some instructions to fix easily.

Art