OCZ Shows New Vector SSD with Indilinx Controller at IDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamab

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
[citation][nom]ramicio[/nom]When are we going to get 3.5" SSDs?[/citation]

Why do you want it to be larger? It's not like 512 GB drives are selling like hotcakes.

frombehind

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012

Why would you WANT the same thing in a larger package? it wont make it any faster or any cheaper... and these days most SSD drives come with a free 2.5 to 3.5 bracket adapter to mount in Desktop PC's. If yours didn't, the bracket is a simple piece of metal that costs less then 2 dollars in most cases.

you can fit 1TB or more of flash inside of a 2.5" enclosure, so why would you want something bigger? a larger drive just obstructs airflow.

manwell999

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
The OCZ Colossus 3.5" SSD and the Vertex 3 3.5" SSD has been out for ages. So don't know what you people are talking about.

G

Lets hope they last longer than the Petrols.

I have had every single Petrol Drive I have used fail within 2 months. Every single one! Thats 15 petrols, in 2 months.

I have tried to get an answer from OCZ.. Nothing!

subasteve5800

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
Are these going to be more reliable that OCZ's past offerings?

Don't get me wrong, OCZ offered the best performance/price ratio for people who knew what they were doing, but I would never consider putting an OCZ (or any Sandforce) SSD in a computer I built for friends and family. The PITA of constantly going over to fix it just isn't worth it.

D

Deleted member 217926

Why did you keep going back 15 times?? I think 2 failures in a row would have convinced me not to use that drive again.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
[citation][nom]shqtth[/nom]Kill the 64GB models already.[/citation]
Why? They still serve as an entry point for someone who doesn't have a lot of cash to spend but wants faster OS boot. Till SSD prices go near 0.2-0.3 dollars/GB, the 64GB models make sense.

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
[citation][nom]anort3[/nom]Why did you keep going back 15 times?? I think 2 failures in a row would have convinced me not to use that drive again.[/citation]
He probably bought all 15 in a single batch.

G

My main workstation has been running for the past two years with 2 OCZ Vertex 2 Max IOPS. My sister's computer has one too that's almost two years old. No problems so far. I've had a Vertex 3 in my laptop for the last year. None of them have failed on me so far. Maybe I'm just lucky...

G

I got 4 of the vertex 4 512gb SSD drives and raid 0 them they work pretty well

Status
Not open for further replies.