Resetter for Epson ink cartridge (Mac version)???

Zap-It not stocked by local computer store - claims it's "very unreliable".

Searched (Sherlock, Google, various forums and ngs) for program to reset
the Epson cartridge chip that shows "ink out", but can only find Windoze
versions.
Anyone know of a Mac app that resets the ink chip?

TIA

BS.

(also posted to comp.sys.mac.printing)

You may want to try the Auto-Reset chipset from http://InkRepublic.com
You dont have to do anything, just turn off the printer and turn it on,
the chipset will reset by itself

Bill Smith wrote:
> Zap-It not stocked by local computer store - claims it's "very
unreliable".

> Searched (Sherlock, Google, various forums and ngs) for program to
reset
> the Epson cartridge chip that shows "ink out", but can only find
Windoze
> versions.
> Anyone know of a Mac app that resets the ink chip?
>
> TIA
>
> BS.
>

> (also posted to comp.sys.mac.printing)

Hi Bill,
Instead of using a software resetter, I use the hardware resetter that
I got from
http://www.qb7.com/. I have used it with perfect results every time.
I do have the adaptor that makes lining up the pins a snap. I also
have some advise about re-sealing the cartridge once it is filled.
Pipermedic