Wireless Connection Problems

frogboy134

Distinguished
May 20, 2003
I have just recently purchased a wireless network and I am having some trouble with one of the components. I have the Linksys 54G router and a pci wireless g card working perfectly. But I also purchased the notebook card that has given me nothing but trouble. I have ok reception with the pci on my desktop but my notebook running xp can always see the SSID transmitted by the network but has serious problems logging on. I have gotten it to log on but the connection is very unstable. Even sitting right next to the thing it seems to have trouble connecting. I can't figure out why this is? If anyone has any suggestions for optimizations on the settings or any reasons why this card would be behaving so poorly please help.

frogboy134

Distinguished
May 20, 2003
I had my friend over today and he has wireless 802.11b intergrated into his PDA but he had the same problem that my notebook card is having. What could cause a pci card to work and all notebook or pda cards to fail. This makes no sense because the distance is the same. All I know is that both the PDA and notebook are seeing the SSID but not connecting any setting that could cause this anomoly. By the way I am having the IP dynamically assigned.