streaming radio player for Jornada 720

September 23, 2004 8:24:38 PM

can anyone recommend an internet radio streaming application for the
Jornada 720 (handheld pc 2000).

Many Thanks
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 8:24:39 PM

Hello,

You might want to post your future HPC questions in
microsoft.public.handheldpc. This group is Pocket PC oriented.

To answer your question, there are no audio streaming application for the
H/PC platform that I am aware of.

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Editor
<help@help.com> wrote in message
> can anyone recommend an internet radio streaming application for the
> Jornada 720 (handheld pc 2000).
>
> Many Thanks
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 8:58:25 PM

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 11:39:52 -0500, "Clinton Fitch III"
<newsgroups@NOSPAMMYTHANKIE.c3-technology.com> wrote:

>You might want to post your future HPC questions in
>microsoft.public.handheldpc. This group is Pocket PC oriented.
>
>To answer your question, there are no audio streaming application for the
>H/PC platform that I am aware of.
You should continue to post your question here. As I found out the
hard way the handheld platform is dead and questions
to microsoft.public.handheldpc won't be answered since users
have given up on the platform.

Years ago I got and still have an HP200lx, the users for thatt
platform are very much alive and making that a vibrant community.

A few years after that I got an HP680 and the uses have
basically abandoned the platform making it a dead platform
and user community for the 680/720/710/728 are essentially
non -existent.

If I had knonw that years ago I would have put money into
stuff for the 200lx rather than the 680.

"I spent my whole life sticking it to the man. I
don't think I can be the man."
September 23, 2004 8:58:26 PM

I strongly beg to differ. The HPC:Factor site and the Handheld Addict sites
have a very strong community following. At HPCF we received countless
emails a day and our site traffic is doing nothing but going up.

While there is no comparision between the HPC community and the PPC
community, to say the HPC community is non-existent is an overstatement.

Regards,

Clinton Fitch
Editor
HPC:Factor (HPC)
Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com! (Pocket PC)

"Barrnabas Collins" <BarnabasCollinsonSFNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 11:39:52 -0500, "Clinton Fitch III"
> <newsgroups@NOSPAMMYTHANKIE.c3-technology.com> wrote:
>
>>You might want to post your future HPC questions in
>>microsoft.public.handheldpc. This group is Pocket PC oriented.
>>
>>To answer your question, there are no audio streaming application for the
>>H/PC platform that I am aware of.
> You should continue to post your question here. As I found out the
> hard way the handheld platform is dead and questions
> to microsoft.public.handheldpc won't be answered since users
> have given up on the platform.
>
> Years ago I got and still have an HP200lx, the users for thatt
> platform are very much alive and making that a vibrant community.
>
> A few years after that I got an HP680 and the uses have
> basically abandoned the platform making it a dead platform
> and user community for the 680/720/710/728 are essentially
> non -existent.
>
> If I had knonw that years ago I would have put money into
> stuff for the 200lx rather than the 680.

> "I spent my whole life sticking it to the man. I
> don't think I can be the man."
September 23, 2004 10:24:43 PM

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:29:58 -0500, "Clinton Fitch III"
<newsgroups@NOSPAMMYTHANKIE.c3-technology.com> wrote:

>I strongly beg to differ. The HPC:Factor site and the Handheld Addict sites
>have a very strong community following. At HPCF we received countless
>emails a day and our site traffic is doing nothing but going up.
>
>While there is no comparision between the HPC community and the PPC
>community, to say the HPC community is non-existent is an overstatement.
So come when I see questions posted on MPHHPC nine times out of
ten they never get answered? the users of the platform have
essenetially surrendered.

An orphaned machine is only as good as the user community. And
as far as I can tell the user community for the HPC is non-existent.

There may be sites out there for the HPC, i've never been able to
get information on any of them.

"I spent my whole life sticking it to the man. I
don't think I can be the man."
September 23, 2004 10:24:44 PM

go to http://www.hpcfactor.com

What specifically are you looking for?

Clinton

> On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:29:58 -0500, "Clinton Fitch III"
> <newsgroups@NOSPAMMYTHANKIE.c3-technology.com> wrote:
>
>>I strongly beg to differ. The HPC:Factor site and the Handheld Addict
>>sites
>>have a very strong community following. At HPCF we received countless
>>emails a day and our site traffic is doing nothing but going up.
>>
>>While there is no comparision between the HPC community and the PPC
>>community, to say the HPC community is non-existent is an overstatement.
> So come when I see questions posted on MPHHPC nine times out of
> ten they never get answered? the users of the platform have
> essenetially surrendered.
>
> An orphaned machine is only as good as the user community. And
> as far as I can tell the user community for the HPC is non-existent.
>
> There may be sites out there for the HPC, i've never been able to
> get information on any of them.

> "I spent my whole life sticking it to the man. I
> don't think I can be the man."
September 24, 2004 4:48:16 PM

Google for GSPlayer it will do fine :)

--