Which drive?Does anyone have the LITE-ON 165H6S? IS IT GOOD?

geminiguy

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2001
:?: Here is my issue, I know fun. My ex roommate took my DVD-rw from my computer, so now I am stuck with nothing. I have no idea of where he is, so now I have to buy another. ggrrrrr
I have 240gigs of HD space and most of it has to be burned. Here's my question, out of all the burners, which is the best? I've done the review thing, still coming up short.
Also, I am limited on the cashflow right now. I've been eyeing the LITE-ON 165H6S, now it's on sale for $52.99!! Does anyone have this model? If so, is it worth the investment or is there another one recommended over it?
I'm begging for help, the ex roomie put me out balance by taking my DVD-RW :( So really need another one as of yesturday.

Thanks all, I am depending on the forums help on this one.

Gem

Cinder

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
I have the LITE-ON LDW-851S and I used to burn high quality Taiyo Uniden disks with it. The 851S never failed to burn the disk but the movie it created would start and stop and start and stop all throughout the entire disk. I now use the drive to rip DVDs and nothing else. I hate to say it but I don't really trust LITE-ON anymore. I do have an LG that's really good and it's a little bit cheaper than the LITE-ON.