Wow! Thanks Guys!
I'll go along with that. Quilling is indeed just mucking about in aircraft.
But I think Melissa started it!

--
Cheers,

Quilly

An individual reply goes into my spam filter

crash

Quilljar wrote:
> Wow! Thanks Guys!
> I'll go along with that. Quilling is indeed just mucking about in
> aircraft. But I think Melissa started it!

I've been Quilling since the 60's IRL (although I did talk to the tower, if
one existed :), then since mid 80's simming........ A few weeks ago I
thought I'd break precident, and actually contacted the tower before
landing. I had already gotten the weather from ATIS who advised runway 18
was active, so I was lined up for a long final, but what does the knothead
in the tower advise - "enter a right downwind for 36"...... Maybe I'll use
it again in 10 or 20 years, but I doubt it. What I love in the sim is if
anyone has the audacity to pull on the runway *I've* chosen to land on, I'll
pop over him if there's time, or do a 360 and try to beat anyone that's
brazen enough to be next, or land on the taxi way, or come in low to avoid a
headon if they're taking off the opposite end.... Don't need no steeekin
com radios..... d:->))

The FUN on a long cross country IS the navigation, NOT following connect the
dots on a GPS, or watching your track being painted on map view...
IMHO, which I respect...........

Cheers'n Beers.. [_])
Don

GREGORY

On Wed, 4 May 2005 10:58:00 +0000 (UTC), "Quilljar"
<wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> brought the following to our
attention:

> Wow! Thanks Guys!
>I'll go along with that. Quilling is indeed just mucking about in aircraft.

Quilling..? awfully silly I'd say.... but go ahead and muck-a-muck
around if you wish.. as long as it's fun. I'm going up in the noisy
old Boeing Jet and work the radios!!! (and look out at the terrain)

-G

GREGORY

On Wed, 4 May 2005 08:31:58 -0500, "CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>I had already gotten the weather from ATIS who advised runway 18
>was active, so I was lined up for a long final, but what does the knothead
>in the tower advise - "enter a right downwind for 36"...... Maybe I'll use
>it again in 10 or 20 years, but I doubt it.

sounds like there's a need for AFCAD and WxAnalyzer here. { grin }

crash

Gregory wrote:
> old Boeing Jet and work the radios!!! (and look out at the terrain)

But how much terrain detail can you make out in that Boring Jet @ FL350 on
a/p?? <<G>>

GREGORY

On Wed, 4 May 2005 11:38:38 -0500, "CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>Gregory wrote:
>> old Boeing Jet and work the radios!!! (and look out at the terrain)
>>

>But how much terrain detail can you make out in that Boring Jet
>@ FL350 on a/p?? <<G>>

what do you mean.. Mr Bob?

there's lots to see with old Sim version, TNT2, and 500MHz CPU's.. :)

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/Center_County.jpg (155k)

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/Colomb_haul.jpg (255k)

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/fs9_textures_00.jpg (305k)

Even on the ground it looks pretty dang good!!

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/Innsb_01.jpg (162k)

ya' sure ya don't want to see more? ;]

-Gregory

Lovely pics Greg well done!

Quilljar wrote:
> Lovely pics Greg well done!

Agreed!! But naturally I favor the one on the ground where you can see the
ground terrian better <<G>>
Loved the ole 727's!!! I was working for Aeronautical Radio in Kansas City
when TWA (and everyone else) started flying them, and after the pilots
discovered the sink rate with everything dumped on landing was *really* what
Boeing said, they quit banging them up so much... d:->))

GREGORY

On Wed, 4 May 2005 16:58:40 -0500, "CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>after the pilots discovered the sink rate with everything dumped on landing
>was *really* what Boeing said, they quit banging them up so much... d:->))

what is `everything dumped'?.. please expand more on this..
you mean throttles cut? .. drops like a crate?