Big budget system help

zstat

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2006
Hi,

I am going to build a new system soon... My budget is 3 to 5k. With all the brains on the forum I am asking for a couple system options... I have used Intel since the early AMDs I had would crap out... I am kinda thinking of trying them again since its been a while... I play alotta different games (DAOC and other MMO) and stull like Swat4, Farcry and such... I also burn videos and other MM items... I have been outta the loop for a while on building my own systems... My last 2 were Dell XPS systems fully loaded... I don't need a monitor I have the Dell 24" wide screen... I want speed and reliability...

Thanx in advance for the help... Z

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
3 to 5 grand 8O geez thats alot ok dude get this
x2 4800 or opty 180
dfi lanparty or asus a8n-sli premium
corsair or ocz 2x1gb sticks of ram cas 2
wd 150gb raptor x2
x1900xt or a 7800gtx
thats just the basics case,optical drive, and everything else is up to you! in total with the most expensive options it should be around 2500

pwnage

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
hmm how long can you wait

if you can hold on till june then do AMD new socket comes out and so dose DDR2 800

if you cant then go with what the other dood said. athough you can get more bang for your buck if you go with the ASUS A8N32 SLI and an FX 60. FX60 = X2 4800 unlocked. Screw ATI, THEY SUCK. go with nvidia in SLI 2 7800GTX's will look very nice and give you alot of power. 2GB ram thats fine. corsair OCZ and kingston are good. go for low cas latency. the raptors are nice if you want to go further go with the rapter X only diff is the clear top. some people like but to each his own.

but like i said if you can wait. the new AMD stuff coming out wont give to much of an proformance gain but with a budget like yours buying the newest stuff would be a good idea.

tenaciousleydead

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004
yeah i just dont like it when people guess at everything because theyre fanboys. yeah it gives as much eye candy as the 7800GTX (direct x9 anyone?) sorry im just giving the truth.