Big Bend Park - Santa Elena Canyon

crash

The 'south Texas scenery' post got my nostalgia worked up, so had to go buzz
around Big Bend Park in Texas, and my favorite part, Santa Elena Canyon.
Here's a link to show what it looks like:
http://www.csdl.tamu.edu/FLORA/BigBend/SantaElena.html
It's a very interesting hike (especially if you're older, fatter, and more
out of shape than average) IRL, and also fun to fly in the sim.
You can take off from 89TE for the first fun M/S experience, then fly south
east to the canyon.. Just look for the M/S version of a river flowing along
a canyon wall, and you're there. Coord's are N29 10.10' W103 35.94'
Hit "Resume" to start the slide show.....

http://photobucket.com/albums/v674/ArkyTazman/Santa%20Elena%20Canyon/?action=view&current=se1.jpg&slideshow=paused&interval=5

Cheers'n Beers.. [_])
Don

meh

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2004

Yea I did the same

thanks for the post

meh

"CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message
> The 'south Texas scenery' post got my nostalgia worked up, so had to go
> buzz around Big Bend Park in Texas, and my favorite part, Santa Elena
> Canyon.
> Here's a link to show what it looks like:
> http://www.csdl.tamu.edu/FLORA/BigBend/SantaElena.html
> It's a very interesting hike (especially if you're older, fatter, and more
> out of shape than average) IRL, and also fun to fly in the sim.
> You can take off from 89TE for the first fun M/S experience, then fly
> south east to the canyon.. Just look for the M/S version of a river
> flowing along a canyon wall, and you're there. Coord's are N29 10.10'
> W103 35.94' Hit "Resume" to start the slide show.....
>
> http://photobucket.com/albums/v674/ArkyTazman/Santa%20Elena%20Canyon/?action=view&current=se1.jpg&slideshow=paused&interval=5
>
> Cheers'n Beers.. [_])
> Don

dallas

"CRaSH"
> The 'south Texas scenery' post got my nostalgia worked up

Hum... I kinda thought the slowest increment of time was trying to drive
through southwest Texas. ZZZZzzzzzZZZZzzzzz

Dallas

crash

Dallas wrote:
> Hum... I kinda thought the slowest increment of time was trying to
> drive through southwest Texas. ZZZZzzzzzZZZZzzzzz

I'd say the panhandle on down to mid Texas would take that honor!!

BTW - if anyone does NOT have FSGenesis TX & SE 38.2m mesh, which is used
with my flight through Santa Elena Canyon, could you comment if it made much
difference with the default look......... Just curious... TIA

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Dallas wrote:

> "CRaSH"
>
>>The 'south Texas scenery' post got my nostalgia worked up
>

> Hum... I kinda thought the slowest increment of time was trying to drive
> through southwest Texas. ZZZZzzzzzZZZZzzzzz
>
> Dallas

It's plain you never drove from Topeka to Colorado. At least on the
Topeka side you have some little hills to go up and down.

--

boB,
Master_Caution_70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

crash

boB wrote:

> It's plain you never drove from Topeka to Colorado. At least on the
> Topeka side you have some little hills to go up and down.

Little Hills the man says!!! Ye Gods man, those are the infamous "Flint
Hills"!!! I used to love that sign along the Kansas Turnpike "Entering
beautiful Flint Hills", and everyone would go blind looking for them...
I've seen bigger waves in the Pacific (well, ok, maybe almost).. They are
kind of pretty in the summer time, with the rolling waves of prairie grass
however...

TR

> BTW - if anyone does NOT have FSGenesis TX & SE 38.2m mesh, which is
> used with my flight through Santa Elena Canyon, could you comment if
> it made much difference with the default look......... Just
> curious... TIA

Don, if you look at http://tinyurl.com/aadrk you'll see the difference. My
default and your genesis.... no comparison :(

crash

TR wrote:

> Don, if you look at http://tinyurl.com/aadrk you'll see the
> difference. My default and your genesis.... no comparison :(

Holy cow - doesn't look like the same sim, even the bluff line is gone!!
I've been downloading about everything FSG throws out there for the last few
years, so have gotten rather complacent about how the default actually
was/is..... Galazy memberships are good!! Thanks TR.......

crash

TR wrote:
> Don, if you look at http://tinyurl.com/aadrk you'll see the
> difference. My default and your genesis.... no comparison :(

Forgot to mention that I'm getting blank pictures and an error message from
Photobucket after hitting the resume button, only able to see the first
picture, but that's enought to see the difference!!

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

CRaSH wrote:
> TR wrote:
>
>>Don, if you look at http://tinyurl.com/aadrk you'll see the
>>difference. My default and your genesis.... no comparison :(
>

> Forgot to mention that I'm getting blank pictures and an error message from
> Photobucket after hitting the resume button, only able to see the first
> picture, but that's enought to see the difference!!

Same here. I thought it might be my browser but I only get the first
picture, then errors.

--

boB,
Master_Caution_70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

TR

CRaSH wrote:
> TR wrote:
>> Don, if you look at http://tinyurl.com/aadrk you'll see the
>> difference. My default and your genesis.... no comparison :(
>
> Forgot to mention that I'm getting blank pictures and an error
> message from Photobucket after hitting the resume button, only able
> to see the first picture, but that's enought to see the difference!!

Sorry boB. Don. Forgot to make the album public. Try this...
http://tinyurl.com/aadrk again.