R300 and borderless photos

I'm waiting for delivery of an Epson R300. I'll be using it mainly for
printing photos and I was wondering what happens when you print borderless
photos. I'm thinking the print head must overshoot the edges of the paper
and result in an inky mess inside the printer. Is that what happens?
Nodge

In article <JIKud.248$fQ.229@newsfe3-win.ntli.net>, me@nospam.com (Nodge)
wrote:

> I'm waiting for delivery of an Epson R300. I'll be using it mainly for
> printing photos and I was wondering what happens when you print
> borderless photos. I'm thinking the print head must overshoot the edges
> of the paper and result in an inky mess inside the printer. Is that what
> happens?

Yes. Except that there's a strip of sponge to soak up the overspray. This
will eventually become saturated with ink. However, I understand from
other posts hereabouts that before this happens the printer will complain
about needing a service or having reached the end of its useful life or
something (can't remember which) and you'll have to post here again asking
how to get around the problem.

Jon.

Basically.

The channel the ink head prints within is recessed from the paper and
has a sponge in it. The overspray is not a tremendous amount, and
dries. Not a perfect system, but seems to work reasonably. You can
always decide to mount the paper on a larger piece with temporary glue
and reuse the paper for numerous prints, so the overspray ends up on a
piece of paper.

Art