Sign in with
Your question

I've finally done it

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
February 21, 2006 9:28:45 PM

Well after over 2 weeks of dicking around with it I'm finally RMAing my DFI Lanparty UT NF4 DR SLI Expert mobo! I've had sooooo many problems with this thing it's not even funny! From USB ports not work, to SLI not work, to getting BSOD once to twice a day cause it doesn't like my wifi card, games crashing after an hour of play or cpu usage (on a dual-core) spiking to 100% after playing a game for 30mins or less and much much more.

I was so happy to finally build my computer after having to wait 12 days for my replacement CPU from newegg.com :evil:  (first one came smashed) and then I've had to put up with this crap for another two weeks. I got it to run decently but then I still get random crashes or freezes (software that came with wifi card crashes within mins of windows starting).

It seems there really should be a disclaimer on the thing or something.

I've already order it's replacement which is a Asus A8N32 Preminium (the one with SLI x16). My roommate got this and has had no problems with it from day one. He was able to install windows fine the first time with all hardware installed. I had to pull out every single no essential hardware to get it to finally install inwindows right (on the 3rd time) on the DFI.

GRRRR so angry, the whole point of this new PC was to OC it as much as I could on air and I thought I had got he best board for that, but it doesn't work for me, yea! So I'll settle for what I know works.

Just need to vent! :evil: 

More about : finally

February 22, 2006 12:43:56 AM

from you sig, that looks like a really nice system
my roomate wants to buy the same board youre complaining about, ill warn him not to.
thanks for the helpfull post
February 22, 2006 12:47:46 AM

Quote:
from you sig, that looks like a really nice system
my roomate wants to buy the same board youre complaining about, ill warn him not to.
thanks for the helpfull post

Yup that's what I thought when I ordered it all. I was reading over at dfi-street.com basically everyone was saying that yea it's a great mobo for overclocking and tweaking, it's really outstanding for those things. . . . IF you can get it to work right in the first place though! Kind of wish I knew that before hand.

Thanks, gald I could help someone avoid a headache
Related resources
February 22, 2006 1:23:03 AM

dude never read forumz from any company that is selling the particular thing on their site its a conflict of interest
February 23, 2006 2:48:12 AM

Wow! It's amazing how much a difference one part can make. Got my Asus A8N32 Deluxe today and I couldn't be happier so far. I spent 2 weeks trying to get that DFI to run normal/stable, not OCing or anything just on stock speeds to run where it wouldn't crash and 2 weeks I still haven't got it that way. On this new one took me 40mins to install windows, get drivers and updates and have no had a single problem! I had to reformat the last one 3 times before it actually got to windows right!

So, so far I highly recommend the Asus A8N32 Deluxe. I'll post more once I do more test and what not.
!