weird behavior with zip files and printer

I have a new espon printer, and every time I try to unzip a file (using winzip), somehow windows thinks the zip file is a document and sends it to the printer.

I've already checked both the .zip and .cab file associations, and they're correct. Any idea what might be going on?

go into explorer

Tools
Folder Options
File Types

and check what it has for files ending with Zip

It may be how you have winzip configured. Make sure you aren't
directing the unzipped file to somewhere that is printer related.

Winzip gives you some preference options if you wish to standardize
where the files end up, and you may have inadvertently set it up to send
them to the printer in some fashion, or something that launches a
printing function.

Art