Windows BMP format type

I have 2 scanners connected to my PC. The 1st.
HP-Scanjet 3570c works fine. But 2nd. Visioneer 7600
"One Touch" scanner is connected via the printer cables
and printer entry point in the back of my PC. So my PC
scanner wizard doesn't recognize this scanner. When I
Scan something from it, it automatically Scans the item
in "Windows.BMP" format type not giving me a choice. Now
I want to use my Visioneer 7600 "OneTouch" more often but
I would like to learn how to Scan items in "JPEG" format
type automatically or as my default type? How can I
change the Windows default scanning type to JPEG?
PLEASE HELP?

XP does not support "piggybacking" parallel port devices. The only way you
could run this scanner is by removing the printer and connecting the printer
to a USB port, along with the second USB scanner, leaving the LPT scanner as
the only parallel port device.
www.coribright.com