I have a question about Opterons

teh_squaterer

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
I'm about to build a computer and I'm almost positive im going to get an Opteron. Obviously I'm going to overlock it. My question is: is the multiplier unlocked on them? I'm not a noob at overclocking btw, I've overclocked the stuff on almost every computer I've owned.

admiral25

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
I'm about to build a computer and I'm almost positive im going to get an Opteron. Obviously I'm going to overlock it. My question is: is the multiplier unlocked on them? I'm not a noob at overclocking btw, I've overclocked the stuff on almost every computer I've owned.

there unlocked from the top down meaning, if u get a opteron 165 dual core it runs @ 1.8 ghz so that 200x9 gives you 1.8ghz. Then u also get 4-9 to work with also. these are the best overclocking cpus ever, im running my opteron 165 dual core with stock voltage (1.3 volts) with the new stock cooler (4 heat pipe) @ 2.6ghz witch is a FX-60 processor for 325 bux :)

teh_squaterer

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006

there unlocked from the top down meaning, if u get a opteron 165 dual core it runs @ 1.8 ghz so that 200x9 gives you 1.8ghz. Then u also get 4-9 to work with also. these are the best overclocking cpus ever, im running my opteron 165 dual core with stock voltage (1.3 volts) with the new stock cooler (4 heat pipe) @ 2.6ghz witch is a FX-60 processor for 325 bux :)

Nice :) Thats the same processor I'm thinking about.