Printing on (noth sides of) card (Epson 750)?

It's Christmas card time again, and I'm rediscovering a problem I had
last year. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

I have some coated 10x7 (7x5 folded) card stock that I print a photo
on the front of, and want to print your standard greeting on the 'inside'
(non-coated) side.

I generally have no problem printing on the coated side, but when I try to
print on the reverse, I have a lot of trouble. At least one in five cards
fails to feed correctly -- perhaps not grabbing at all, or sometimes going
*all* the way through. Attempts to correct things soemtimes result in
printing without any paper present, so I'm faced with wiping out all the ink
before I can safely print again!

I assume the problem is that the feed mechanism has a hard time with
the coated surface. (I do make sure the first pass has dried well before
I try to print the greeting.) Is there any trick to ensure that the
card feeds properly? I've tried both the 'card' and 'normal' settings
of the thickness lever without much obvious difference.

-- Pete --

The address in the header is a Spam Bucket -- don't bother replying to it...
(If you do need to email, replace the account name with my true name.)
More about printing noth sides card epson

    Yet another case...

    Seek out my recent posting regarding to how to fix feeding problems on
    Epsons (Re: Which Printer), from 6:50 AM my time, 12/11/04. If you
    follow those instructions it will probably resolve this problem.

    Art

    In article <xJZud.62239$6f6.12659@edtnps89>,
    Arthur Entlich <artistic@telus.net> wrote:
    >Yet another case...
    >
    >Seek out my recent posting regarding to how to fix feeding problems on
    >Epsons (Re: Which Printer), from 6:50 AM my time, 12/11/04. If you
    >follow those instructions it will probably resolve this problem.

    Thanks, I'll give it a try.

    It happens that I don't have any window spray handy, but I believe it is
    essentially ammonia and isopropyl alcohol? I suspect that commercial
    products also contain some detergent, which I'm not sure I want to put
    through my printer...

    [For fun, I did a google for 'window cleaning liquid ingredients' and
    got quite a range of suggestions, from the above to vinegar, to even
    a mixture of vinegar, ammonia, and baking soda! Must have frothed up
    beautifully...! (Then there was the science project that aimed to
    show the superiority of Windex, and found that plain water was even
    even better on the dirt she tried! (:-))]

    Cheers,
    -- Pete --

    The address in the header is a Spam Bucket -- don't bother replying to it...
    (If you do need to email, replace the account name with my true name.)

    My clock appears to be a few minutes fast, or the internet is running
    slow ;-)

    Check RE: Which Printer, 6:47 AM 12/11/04, Toward the bottom of the posting.

    Art

    Typically, most ammoniated window cleaners contain water, ammonia (at
    about a 10:1 mix using household ammonia) alcohol, and glycol. Oh yes,
    and some very pretty blue colorant.

    I would not use a vinegar based type (Windex now has a household formula
    that is vinegar based). Yes, adding vinegar and ammonia much create
    some type of salt, not sure that makes sense.

    Art

    In article <Bwjvd.69731$6f6.29894@edtnps89>,
    Arthur Entlich <artistic@telus.net> wrote:
    >Typically, most ammoniated window cleaners contain water, ammonia (at
    >about a 10:1 mix using household ammonia) alcohol, and glycol. Oh yes,
    >and some very pretty blue colorant.
    That's pretty much what I thought.

    >I would not use a vinegar based type (Windex now has a household formula
    >that is vinegar based). Yes, adding vinegar and ammonia much create
    >some type of salt, not sure that makes sense.
    No, I wouldn't want to put anything acidic through my machine. (Or even
    ammonium acetate, that I guess you'd get from mixing!) I was only reporting
    what I read.

    I mixed up some 'fluid' with something like 15% each ammonia and alcohol
    (didn't bother with the glycol... or the colour!(:-)) and tried your
    procedure. Seemed to work. I ran the remaining cards through carefully,
    but they did all feed correctly.

    Thanks much.
    -- Pete --

    The address in the header is a Spam Bucket -- don't bother replying to it...
    (If you do need to email, replace the account name with my true name.)

Printers Epson Peripherals