It was as if Millions of Nerds suddenly cried out in terror

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/30/disney-buys-lucasfilm-star-wars-7_n_2045632.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular#slide=1703629

Disney has purchased the rights to Star Wars from George Lucas (Darth Lucas) for the measly sum of 4.05 Billion credits.

The Force is strong with this merger. Disney announced on Tuesday that it had purchased Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion in cash and stock shares. In conjunction with the news, Disney also revealed that plans for a seventh "Star Wars" film, "Star Wars: Episode VII," are in motion with eyes on theatrical release in 2015.

During a conference call announcing the merger, it was reported that Disney executives said they wanted to release an "Episode VII" and "Episode IX" as well. The films would ideally reach theaters every two or three years.

"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers. I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime," Lucas, who directed four of the six "Star Wars" films, said in a statement. "I'm confident that with Lucasfilm under the leadership of Kathleen Kennedy, and having a new home within the Disney organization, 'Star Wars' will certainly live on and flourish for many generations to come. Disney's reach and experience give Lucasfilm the opportunity to blaze new trails in film, television, interactive media, theme parks, live entertainment, and consumer products."

So does this mean Leia is now a disney princess?

My son and I were watching the Star Wars series since he was out of school Monday and yesterday. He liked the original episodes 4-6, episode 1 was OK but he tuned out in episode 2 after the initial chase scene of Anakin & Obi going after the assassin. I didn't even bother playing episode 3.

My take is that Disney probably couldn't screw up worse than Lucas did..

While Leia looked pretty hot in her metal bikini, personally I'd prefer somebody more - shall we say - voluptuous, such as 7 of 9 from ST: Voyager, T-Pol in Enterprise, or Jadzia Dax of DS9..

Any one of them would set my phazer to more than stun :D..