Joystick Issue

When I am flying I set the joystick to say the left until I get 40 degrees
bank and then return it to the centre but the problem is, is that the plane
starts coming back to 0 degrees but I thought that planes should stay at
what you set them to until you roll out of the turn. I have had 1 hour
flight in a Cessna a few years back and I remember this happening but maybe
I was wrong, can someone please advise

Thanks
Chris

--
Do you want to join a freelance design team? Can you code or design? Want to
join a team who is strict on Web standards complacency?

dallas

"Chris Harries"
> I thought that planes should stay at
> what you set them to until you roll out of the turn.

Nope. The opposite is true. Airframes are designed to have lateral
stability using wing dihedral. If you are staring down the centerline of
most aircraft you will notice the wings are not horizontal but rather form a
"V". This is called wing dihedral and it's what returns the aircraft to a
no bank attitude.

http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/dynamics/q0055.shtml

Dallas