Engine Brother HL-5150D

Does anyone know what type of printer engine this one has?

It has a separate drum, so does that mean theoretically you could refill the
toner until the drum runs out?

Is Brother a pretty respected company in printers?

Thanks guys

If its built like my HL 1440 I love em. I own two HL 1440 bought fists for
300.00 when they first came out and the second recently for $99.00 after
rebate. I ur just using it at home I get the older model for letters.
Aftermarket supports it well drums and toner cheap and you should get two
high capacity refills per toner cartridge. HL 1440 needs more memory has
one slot oldstyle 72 pin simm like pentium 1 days. willl accept up to one
32 meg simm. You need to add at least a 8 meg simm to get full resolution
only has 2 meg on board. Refill already has a pull out plug on cartridge.
Drum after market is $30

If ya get one email me I send the link to who I get toner from

Tom

I looked at 5150 and went with the older proven one I knew.
"NJ" <someone@example.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know what type of printer engine this one has?
>
> It has a separate drum, so does that mean theoretically you could refill
> the toner until the drum runs out?
>
> Is Brother a pretty respected company in printers?
>
> Thanks guys

In article <10rntov8b128782@corp.supernews.com>, someone@example.net
says...
> Does anyone know what type of printer engine this one has?
>
> It has a separate drum, so does that mean theoretically you could refill the
> toner until the drum runs out?
>
> Is Brother a pretty respected company in printers?
>
> Thanks guys

I've used laser printers since the early '90s, 1991 to be exact. My
first was a HP, second was a HP, and third was a Brother HL-10V in 1993.
It's built like a tank (and, weighs like one!), is a HP LaserJet III
clone, and uses the same cartridge as a LJ III. It is still a great
printer to this day.

I recently purchased a Brother HL-5150DLT (lower tray option included),
and I'm most impressed. Excellent printing, fast, and the full-duplex
mode is great - and, so far no jams while printing in the duplex mode.

Yes, unlike my previous HP's, Brother generally uses a separate drum
unit from the toner cartridge. This was not the case with my HL-10V. I
also purchased a Brother MFC-5550ML laser multi-function machine in
1995. I've gone through a number of toner cartridges with the MFC, and
have yet to replace the drum unit. Personally, I think Brother laser
printers are excellent. I don't know whose engines Brother uses,
perhaps it's their own?

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the HL-5150 series. The included
software is excellent as well.

Don

TRENDING THREADS