help for Gps Application demo

September 24, 2004 6:51:54 PM

I need to find a simulater that is free that providing the data that a real
GPS receiver produce.
Is there any simple way of finding position.

I am new in gps technology.
Application will be build for Pocket PCs operating in Windows CE

More about : gps application demo

Anonymous
September 24, 2004 6:51:55 PM

Hello,

I do not know of any free simulators. You can take a look at
http://www.franson.biz/ for some ideas. Or, take a look at www.eltima.com
for a WindowsCE virtual serial port that might be used. Naturally, you have
to do some programming to use these tools.

Dick

--
Richard Grier (Microsoft Visual Basic MVP)

See www.hardandsoftware.net for contact information.

Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications, 4th
Edition ISBN 1-890422-28-2 (391 pages) published July 2004.
Anonymous
September 25, 2004 12:01:25 PM

Hakki Yilmaz wrote:
> I need to find a simulater that is free that providing the data that
> a real GPS receiver produce.
> Is there any simple way of finding position.
>
> I am new in gps technology.
> Application will be build for Pocket PCs operating in Windows CE

Not a free solution but Royaltek's RBT3000 Bluetooth GPS has a Datalogger,
it also comes with PC and PPC Client apps that will replay the logs off line
through a virtual COM Port which is a superb way to test any GPS
application.

See http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/royaltekrbt3000.php

--
Darren Griffin