Print Screen black image

Hey all so i'm new to windows 7 but I noticed when I try take a picture in a game such as assassins creed brotherhood, sc2, bfbc2 and use print screen and paste it in paint the image comes out black. I tried doing it on the desktop it works fine.
6 answers Last reply
More about print screen black image
  1. Hello!

You can't do it like this. You need to install a program such as FRAPS to be able to take screenshots, record videos, etc...
  2. noble said:
    Hello!

You can't do it like this. You need to install a program such as FRAPS to be able to take screenshots, record videos, etc...

So thats how it is in windows 7? Because in xp I could do this.
  3. To be honest with you I always remember needing an additional program to take screenshots in DirectX games. Maybe someone else can clarify ?
  4. noble said:
    To be honest with you I always remember needing an additional program to take screenshots in DirectX games. Maybe someone else can clarify ?

Seems nobody knows another mystery unsolved. I just don't feel like having to open fraps everytime I want to take a picture...
  5. ...use a screen capturing tool that supports capturing the Windows video overlay...any will do - not just FRAPS
  6. muz_j said:
    ...use a screen capturing tool that supports capturing the Windows video overlay...any will do - not just FRAPS

Wait when did I say that fraps was the only choice I had? My question was is it necessary to have one in the first place forget that I even asked...
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Games