Sign in with
Your question

Print Screen black image

Last response: in Windows 7
March 29, 2011 3:47:10 AM

Hey all so i'm new to windows 7 but I noticed when I try take a picture in a game such as assassins creed brotherhood, sc2, bfbc2 and use print screen and paste it in paint the image comes out black. I tried doing it on the desktop it works fine.
March 29, 2011 12:55:06 PM

Hello!

You can't do it like this. You need to install a program such as FRAPS to be able to take screenshots, record videos, etc...
March 29, 2011 1:53:16 PM

noble said:
Hello!

You can't do it like this. You need to install a program such as FRAPS to be able to take screenshots, record videos, etc...

So thats how it is in windows 7? Because in xp I could do this.
Related resources
March 29, 2011 2:01:34 PM

To be honest with you I always remember needing an additional program to take screenshots in DirectX games. Maybe someone else can clarify ?
March 29, 2011 10:57:21 PM

noble said:
To be honest with you I always remember needing an additional program to take screenshots in DirectX games. Maybe someone else can clarify ?

Seems nobody knows another mystery unsolved. I just don't feel like having to open fraps everytime I want to take a picture...
March 30, 2011 1:51:20 AM

...use a screen capturing tool that supports capturing the Windows video overlay...any will do - not just FRAPS

March 30, 2011 1:06:14 PM

muz_j said:
...use a screen capturing tool that supports capturing the Windows video overlay...any will do - not just FRAPS

Wait when did I say that fraps was the only choice I had? My question was is it necessary to have one in the first place forget that I even asked...
!