Pwer went down In my house now my comp wont boot

D_The_Third

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
Power went off in my house while my comp was runing. I unpluged it before It came on.
When I got back from work I pluged it in and my fans spin but wont boot wont even give a beep.

When I unplug the power supply from my mobo and flip the switch on the back it makes a wierd hum.
And while testing if my power surge went bad. I pluged it in the wall socket and pushed my comps power button and nothing happened like it wasnt even pluged in. I fliped the switch for 5 or 6 times then it finaly powered on like before but still no beep.
Hopefuly the powersupply just died.
Im going to get a power supply now to test it out but any ideas what else coulda happened?

nobly

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
Power went off in my house while my comp was runing. I unpluged it before It came on.
When I got back from work I pluged it in and my fans spin but wont boot wont even give a beep.

When I unplug the power supply from my mobo and flip the switch on the back it makes a wierd hum.
And while testing if my power surge went bad. I pluged it in the wall socket and pushed my comps power button and nothing happened like it wasnt even pluged in. I fliped the switch for 5 or 6 times then it finaly powered on like before but still no beep.
Hopefuly the powersupply just died.
Im going to get a power supply now to test it out but any ideas what else coulda happened?
It kind of sounds like your surge protector couldn't handle the spike. I'd do what you're doing, get a new PSU and pray everything else is ok.

Also get a better surge. A higher joule rating.