Epox 9NPA Ultra?

k2000k

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
I am thinking of building a rig with this mobo. I do not need SLI, though I might get the SLI verson of this board depending on my needs. I am planning it to be used as a moderate gaming rig, moderate as in I will play Farcry, BF2, Quake IV, perhapes FEAR, and other games when I have the time. It's big function is going to be used as a PVR. I am going to get SAGE TV bundled with a hauppage 150 tuner. I all ready have a case and speakers. Just wondering if the 9NPA ultra will work for my purposes, trying to get a rig at aroun $1500-1700

CPU: x2 3800
GPU: eVGA 7800
Seagate or Western Digital 200 or 250 G HDD
RAM: Corsair, Kingston, Crucial Value RAM
Nec DVD Burner
Lite-On CD/DVD ROM

Will the 9NPA be up to the task?

thomasxstewart

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
[/img]This is TOP EPOX 9 mainboard, it may not be issued, However there is one between your QUESTIONED MODEL & this..This DANDY in link is 46 lane & probably best board today for DESKTOP GAMER, yet it appently will not see light of Day. Try EPOX website for middle level board, it is 32 lanes. Or find mainboard that uses SPECIFICALLY:C51XE+MCP55PXE controllers, no other numbers will do,you must find all numbers as stated not partial or any slight variation. You can count those mainboards amoung angels on head of pin,however.Signed:pHYSICIAN THOMAS STEWART VON DRASHEK M.D. :wink: