Custom Printed Media

I owned a local computer store in Florida (it was destroyed by Hurricane
Charley). The only place in town to buy media was the usual suspects
(Circuit City, Wal-mart, Staples, etc.) and none of them carries
printable media.

I started selling media out of my store since I bought so much in bulk
and could sell it cheaper and still make a profit. After I got my Epson
R300, I started offering custom printed media for people who didn't have
a printer.

If you own a computer store, you might consider doing the same. I was
able to sell custom printed media at slightly higher prices than what
the local stores sold regular media for and still make a very good
profit. The only downside is the time you spend sitting at your
computer doing the printing.

Once it gets profitable enough, you can get one of the automatic
printers for $1000 that you can just load up 100 disks into.

Just tossing the idea out.

"Bad Bubba" <bad@bubba.dude> wrote in message

> The only downside is the time you spend sitting at your
> computer doing the printing.

Perhaps you need to set it up so people can upload and preview their image
online before ordering? Here in Belgium you can order postage stamps with
your own photo on them that way...

http://pv.en.bpg.post.be/EN/private//products/readytosend/montimbre/default.asp?mnid=103

horace

Distinguished
May 7, 2004

CWatters wrote:

> Perhaps you need to set it up so people can upload and preview their image
> online before ordering? Here in Belgium you can order postage stamps with
> your own photo on them that way...

Here in the US we used to be able to order postage stamps with your own
photo on them untill a few racy pictures slipped buy. The order postage
stamps with your own photo only lasted a few weeks. ;)

Horace

The final decision to cancel the photo stamp service has yet to be determined. See the following article.
http://photo.stamps.com/thankyou/

--

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>