got Monitor crt problems

disksweep

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2006
:cry: hi can someone help me, my monitor samsung 955df crt always standby after few minute? ive already set at power management for monitor off or standby: never, but the monitor seems always standby after few minute, need guide plz?

sturm

Splendid
Was this in the monitor menu settings or windows settings? Check both.
If you move the mouse or hit a key does it come out of standby?
Does it do it while your using the computer ie: games, web, and such?

disksweep

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2006
:cry: Yes, it happen when i run windows or watching tv through my external tv tunner, and i already do that but the results still same, and its just blank there is no effect when i click on mouse or keyboard, solution that ive got just turn off and then turn on, but after few minutes i ve same problems, need help plzz

Anchoku

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2005
If you can borrow a second monitor to check if it exhibits the same problem, do it. Otherwise, I'd check your monitor's power management functions just to be sure it doesn't have it's own crazy brain telling it to turn off. (It's a long-shot, really.) If you're sure it's not your PC telling the monitor to take a nap or, the monitor dozing of it's own volition, you probably have a hardware issue and it's time to retire the old CRT. There may be safety circuit in the tube to shut it down if it senses a problem like excessive current draw.

Before you panic, first, do what you can to elliminate your PC as the cause. You can also borrow a laptop or, something, to test out your monitor.

disksweep

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2006
:cry: ive already borrow another monitor , and it seems works fine, and i dont see any problems, could be there is hardware error on my monitor or maybe some thing wrong with my monitor port interface?