Asus A8N32-SLi Network problem

pnuts2

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
Hi, everyone, could you please advise how I can set the default LAN for WAN connection?

I connected my residential college's LAN to the nVidia GigaLAN, and then, connected my wireless ADSL ISP to the Marvell GigaLAN, set up a broadband connection, and set it as the default one.

However, as the speed of wireless ADSL was not up to my standard, I decided to switch back to my residentail college LAN. I unplugged the wireless ADSL modem from the Marvell GigaLAN and left the nVidia GigaLAN on. When I tried to access websites, IE seemed to search a connection from the Marvell LAN.....I tried to disable the Marvell LAN and left nVidia LAN connected, but it didn't seem to work. Does anyone know how to resolve this problem?

Cheers

pnuts2

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
Yeah, I guess I can use the Marvell LAN, however, since the nVidia LAN has hardware firewall, I really want to use this if possible....

TireSmoke

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2006
Try the other lan port on the board, i have had this issues before. i always have to use port 2 for some reason.
I had the same issue when I first built my system and could not get the internet to work. Drove me nuts for about 2 hours until I tried port 2...