Cisco 83x / VPN 3000 Concentrator

ginger

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2004
Archived from groups: comp.dcom.sys.cisco,comp.dcom.vpn (More info?)

Hi all,

I am trying to setup a perment VPN tunnel between an 83x and a VPN 3000
concentrator and I am very confused!

Do I have to set the router up as a client, i.e set a username and password
up on the concentrator?

What config do I set the client to?

Anyhelp is much appreciated.

Many Thanks

--

Behind every successful man, is a surprised Mother-in-Law ;)

Ginger wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to setup a perment VPN tunnel between an 83x and a VPN 3000
> concentrator and I am very confused!
>
> Do I have to set the router up as a client, i.e set a username and password
> up on the concentrator?
>
> What config do I set the client to?
>
> Anyhelp is much appreciated.
>
> Many Thanks

For LAN to LAN tunnels, normally just a shared secret or cert is used
for endpoint authentication. The rest of the config is dependent on you
network environment, functional and security requirements.

Steve H.

"Steve Hatch" <steve@vpn-guru.com> wrote in message
> Ginger wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am trying to setup a perment VPN tunnel between an 83x and a VPN 3000
>> concentrator and I am very confused!
>>
>> Do I have to set the router up as a client, i.e set a username and
>> password up on the concentrator?
>>
>> What config do I set the client to?
>>
>> Anyhelp is much appreciated.
>>
>> Many Thanks
>>
> For LAN to LAN tunnels, normally just a shared secret or cert is used for
> endpoint authentication. The rest of the config is dependent on you
> network environment, functional and security requirements.
>
> Steve H.

Hi Guys,

Well I must be missing something big time, I can connect to the internet no
problem, I have setup a group on my 3000 concentrator plumbed the group name
and p/w into easyvpn and it doesn't want to play!

god I am going to throw it out the window

G.