Need my fellow IT guys input

whats up guys and gals? Trying to decide my next move in the IT field. Now, I just turned 27, single, no kids. i have been working as a field tech for IBMMMMM for 3 years now. Pretty much replace laptop lcd's, motherboards, e.t.c. Love what I do. I get IBMMM and devil dellls certified every year through my job. My love is the hardware side of it, but I dont mind software at all. I want to be MCSE certffied, and network,...... I think. But I do know I need more money lol. Trying to get the best bang for buck education wise. I think I want to be a helpdesk IT for a few years. Which are the best certs for getting a good helpdesk job? Online courses or in class courses? As the online classes are way cheaper than the sit in classes.

3 answers Last reply
More about need fellow guys input
  1. million3g said:
    whats up guys and gals? Trying to decide my next move in the IT field. Now, I just turned 27, single, no kids. i have been working as a field tech for IBMMMMM for 3 years now. Pretty much replace laptop lcd's, motherboards, e.t.c. Love what I do. I get IBMMM and devil dellls certified every year through my job. My love is the hardware side of it, but I dont mind software at all. I want to be MCSE certffied, and network,...... I think. But I do know I need more money lol. Trying to get the best bang for buck education wise. I think I want to be a helpdesk IT for a few years. Which are the best certs for getting a good helpdesk job? Online courses or in class courses? As the online classes are way cheaper than the sit in classes.

Im currently studying in the same field as a PC engineer, Why don't you either work where you are or be a lab technician and start your own business as i am it will ensure full success in the long term, Something to think about?
  2. Screw Help Desk, go straight for Network Engineering. Get your CCNA and MCIST. You'll be golden.
  3. If you want to go into Network, then go for CCNA, first thing. That ways you can get a position in a high tech CISCO helpdesk (if nothing less) or be lucky and get a Net Admin position in some firm.

And then my friend , there is no telling what you can do with yourself if you really want to do.
Ask a new question