Epson r300 Vs Canon PIXMA IP3000 : Running costs

Can anyone offer me advice on which of the two is better value for money?. I
dont want to spend a fortune on a printer. I'd be doing the occasional text
printing etc. But I'd also like to try printing off my own photo's. My aim is
to get a cheap and cheerful photo printer that will do the job but at the least
cost. which of these has the cheapest consumables?
I understand that Epsons really need to use their own paper as you may get
blotching. Is this true?. How about the canons? would i have to stick to their
branded papers?. How about ink costs?. Im kinda leaning towards the canon as i
like the space/antidust design, plus I still use the old cannon bj240 printer
which has served me well. Im not too fussed about the lack of card reader as
picbridge is fine for me. Also, are the prints water resistant etc?is this down
to the paper or the ink? . Lol, Sorry bout the questions.. Any advice would be
greately appreciated!.

Confused
4 answers Last reply
More about epson r300 canon pixma ip3000 running costs

    The IP3000 uses the same old ink that Canon has used for a long time, it's
    cheap, widely available and very easy to refill. Print quality is excellent,
    and it's also a full duplexing printer which is cool. 2 paper feeds, and a
    very nice driver.
    There are reports of print head failures, but I've not had any issues with
    it. It's an amazingly good value.

    "PJHarvey98" <pjharvey98@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone offer me advice on which of the two is better value for money?.
    > dont want to spend a fortune on a printer. I'd be doing the occasional
    text
    > printing etc. But I'd also like to try printing off my own photo's. My aim
    is
    > to get a cheap and cheerful photo printer that will do the job but at the
    least
    > cost. which of these has the cheapest consumables?
    > I understand that Epsons really need to use their own paper as you may
    get
    > blotching. Is this true?. How about the canons? would i have to stick to
    their
    > branded papers?. How about ink costs?. Im kinda leaning towards the canon
    as i
    > like the space/antidust design, plus I still use the old cannon bj240
    printer
    > which has served me well. Im not too fussed about the lack of card reader
    as
    > picbridge is fine for me. Also, are the prints water resistant etc?is this
    down
    > to the paper or the ink? . Lol, Sorry bout the questions.. Any advice
    would be
    > greately appreciated!.
    >
    > Confused

    First of All, Epson is cheap but epson cartridges are not.

    Try this.

    http://www.InkRepublic.com
    http://www.inkrepublic.com/VideoClips.asp

    With bulk ink system, I am sure Epson is so much better.

    On 14 Dec 2004 15:04:37 -0800, trendysystem@gmail.com wrote:

    >First of All, Epson is cheap but epson cartridges are not.
    >
    >Try this.
    >
    >http://www.InkRepublic.com
    >http://www.inkrepublic.com/VideoClips.asp
    >
    >With bulk ink system, I am sure Epson is so much better.

    But the Canon print heads do not last

    Get the cheap Jettec ink tanks

    http://www.jettec.co.uk/

    30% more ink.

    Plus made in the UK..

    >PJHarvey98 wrote:
    >> Can anyone offer me advice on which of the two is better value for
    >money?. I
    >> dont want to spend a fortune on a printer. I'd be doing the
    >occasional text
    >> printing etc. But I'd also like to try printing off my own photo's.
    >My aim is
    >> to get a cheap and cheerful photo printer that will do the job but at
    >the least
    >> cost. which of these has the cheapest consumables?
    >> I understand that Epsons really need to use their own paper as you
    >may get
    >> blotching. Is this true?. How about the canons? would i have to stick
    >to their
    >> branded papers?. How about ink costs?. Im kinda leaning towards the
    >canon as i
    >> like the space/antidust design, plus I still use the old cannon bj240
    >printer
    >> which has served me well. Im not too fussed about the lack of card
    >reader as
    >> picbridge is fine for me. Also, are the prints water resistant etc?is
    >this down
    >> to the paper or the ink? . Lol, Sorry bout the questions.. Any advice
    >would be
    >> greately appreciated!.
    >>
    >> Confused

    In article William Bell says...
    > Get the cheap Jettec ink tanks
    >
    > http://www.jettec.co.uk/
    >

    > 30% more ink.
    >
    > Plus made in the UK..

    Have you actually bought any yet or do you just advertise?

Printers Photo Peripherals