Please help dead comp????

eric456

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
Hi I just built this comp which is the 2nd one i've ever built but when i turned it on nothing happened :x .
here is what i have:

Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Sound Card

Antec P180 ATX Advanced Super Mid Tower, No Power Supply

Antec NeoHE 550 Watt ATX Power Supply

AMD® Boxed Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ (2.2GHz) Socket 939
AMD; ADA4400CDBOX

TwinX 2.0GB Dual Channel PC-3200 CL2 DDR SDRAM Memory Kit (Two 1.0GB DDR-400 Memory Modules)
Corsair Memory; TWNX2048-3200C2

16x Dual/Double Layer DVD±RW ATAPI/IDE Drive Black Bezel
Plextor Corp.; PX-716AL/SW

LANParty UT Radeon Xpress 200 CrossFire Socket 939 ATX Motherboard
DFI; LP UT RDX200 CF-DR

Radeon X1900XT 512MB PCI Express Graphics Card
ATI Technologies; 100-435805

Western digital raptor 74g hard drive

This cost me a lot of money, so i really don't want to spend more on having a tech look at it so hopefully with the advise from you guys i can get it to work.

I did everything how the instruction said to do it. I just don't get it, nothing happens, just the light on the mother board thats supose to be for stand by power comes on. The mother board has its on power and reset switches i've even press them and still nothing. I did have some of the front panel connectors backwards, so i don't know if that ruined something, i fixed that still nothing.
Please help i'm out of solutions. :(

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
a few things is the voltage set to 110 or 220 .Is the power cord in a wall outlet with power? and this is what happens alot did you set up the power and reset buttons correctly? thats the three main things or your power supply is doa

eric456

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
thanks for the help i will take the fx card out when i get home rightnow im using my friends comp. the Antec NeoHE 550 Watt ATX Power Supply doesn't have a voltage regulator, and it is in a wall outlet with power because the suspended light inside the mother board is on and i did fix the power and reset buttons cables.

luminaris

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
I know with my SLI Expert board, I had a power connector that should not have been connected which was causing the same problem. Lights would come on but it wouldn't fire. As soon as I pulled the one connector off the board, the thing fired right up.

Its a 4 prong connector (looks like a floppy drive power connector) near the PCI X16 connectors. (graphics) Apparently, if your not using SLI, which i'm not, you don't need to connect that little guy. I thought I had read in the manual that you can connect this to stabilize the board even more however, that's not the case if your not using SLI.

I don't know if yours is setup the same way or not but check it out and see.

eric456

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
i don't know if you guys saw what i had but i have a Radeon X1900XT 512MB PCI Express Graphics Card, so i would be cross fire if i was using 2 which i'm not. and i did connect i think it was 12v power to the card becuase it said on the manual do to that.
thanks for the help though

Lead_Head

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2006
AH!NO! You risk killing the card or your mobo if you disconnect the 12v connector from the video card! leave that plugged in!

My mobo only has 1 jumper. And thats ther clear cmos one

eric456

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
HI you guys, here is an update on my sys. got home took everything out except for cpu and a ram, still nothing. Switch power supplies for a thelmatake (i think that's how u spell it) 680 and it work :D . Put everything back together, and in my haste didn't realice I had install the power supply upside down ,will that mess it up or can i leave it like that :?:
Turn on system and nothing again :cry:
disconected power to 2 fans on case and it started but didn't get pass the ram, took one of them out and it started fine :D
So i don't know if one of the rams is messed up i'll try switching them tomorrow.
Install windows just fine, but when i turned it off in win. the thing just kept turning on by itself. I turned it of and againg it would just turn on, i even turned it of by presser the power switch and again it turn back on :x . and now i don't know how to get back into the BIOS to see if something is wrong in there. Does anyone know what to press to get into bios i press Del and f4 nothing happens. So now the only way to turn it off its buy pressing the switch on the back.

Is there something wrong with the case fans that it just dosn't work when they are connected or am doing somthing wrong here?
thanks for the help.