Sign in with
Your question

I hope this setup runs good.

Last response: in Systems
February 23, 2006 4:55:05 PM

Case ( Cotytech ATX Mid-Tower Case w/420W Power Supply Silver )
Case Lighting ( None )
Power Supply ( Standard Case Power Supply )
Processor ( [939-pin] AMD® Athlon-64 3500+ CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology )
Processor Cooling ( Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink )
Motherboard ( Foxconn WinFast NF4UK8AA-8EKRS nVidia nForce4-Ultra Chipset w/LAN, 7.1 Sound, IEEE-1394, USB 2.0 PCI-E Motherboard )
Memory ( 1024 MB [512MB X2] DDR-400 PC3200 Memory Module Corsair-Value or Major Brand )
Video Card ( [PCI-Express 16x] Nvidia Geforce 7800GT 256MB w/DVI + TV Out Video )
Hard Drive ( 160 GB HARD DRIVE [Serial-ATA-II, 3Gb, 7200 RPM, 8M Cache] )
2nd Hard Drive ( None )
Raid Controller ( None )
Raid Configuration ( None )
CD/DVD Drive ( None )
CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive ( [** Special !!! ***] 16X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive Silver )
Sound Card ( 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard )
Speaker System ( None )
Fax Modem ( None )
Network Card ( Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100) )
Floppy Drive ( None )
Monitor ( None )
Keyboard ( None )
Mouse ( None )
Meter Display ( None )
Flash Media Reader/Writer ( 12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer Silver )
Operation System ( MS Windows XP Home Edition w/Service Pack-2 [w/Free Game - Age of Empires III] )
IEEE-1394 Fire Wire Card ( None )
USB Flash Drive ( None )
MP3 Player ( None )
TV Tuner ( None )
Video Camera ( None )
Headset ( None )
Power Protection ( None )
Printer ( None )
Printer Cable ( None )
Wireless Network Adapter ( [Special !!!] Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps PCI Adapter )
Warranty ( Warranty Service iBUYPOWER Deluxe Warranty Package(Standard Warranty plus: First Year On-site Service and 24/7 Phone Support) )
Rush Service ( Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee) No Rush, Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days )

More about : hope setup runs good

February 23, 2006 5:16:17 PM

Im worried about the power supply
February 23, 2006 5:33:36 PM

I agree, i would NOT skimp on the power supply. Get a quality name brand PSU that you know you can trust. Generic PSU's are a reaaallly bad idea if you want stable clean power running to your hardware.
Related resources
February 23, 2006 5:34:09 PM

Why?

Are you psychic or something? Can you see into the future?

From the specs, I can tell you that this system will NEVER draw more than 250 watts.
February 23, 2006 6:03:35 PM

I dont see the point, even if his current system wont draw more than 250W, to get a low quality generic POS power supply that will not provide good power to your hardware. I would much rather spend $60-$100 CAD on a good brand 400W PSU that i know will put out close to 400W than $20 on something that says its rated 1000W (i know its exaggerated) that only puts out 200W. Reliable power is something that shouldnt be overlooked in my mind.
February 23, 2006 6:27:33 PM

How much is this costing you, and from where?

Ditch the foxconn mobo, get something better. Get the 3200 instead of the 3500, you won't notice the difference, and you'll be able to use the money elsewhere. There's no point in having a good CPU with crap everything else.

Unless you're getting that Wireless adapter for free, ditch it. Ditch the warranty. Those things are useless. If you have any problems with the system, just send the parts back to the actual manufacturer. Faster and cheaper, because manufacturer's warranties are free.

PLEASE get a better Powersupply. You will regret in a few months, possibly more when that PS has a voltage dip/spike and you fry an expensive component. It has happened to me.
February 23, 2006 10:23:09 PM

$1100 is how much it cost.
March 2, 2006 2:54:10 AM

hahahah they sent me a 450W-ATX-12v instead and it is running great
March 2, 2006 3:30:37 AM

What brand is the psu?

I've had a few of those come through my doors, they are cheap crap. I had one with an athlon xp 3400 and the heatsink was this weak little thing with a clip that looked like it was made out of a paperclip, the guy didn't know why it didn't work, I took off the heatsink and pulled the chip and got a good wiff of burned cpu, the board was an ecs and apperantly the thermal shutdown didn't work. Go elsewhere, anyone that says corsair OR major brand is not good.

Edit: Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100) WTF?????????
March 2, 2006 4:41:03 AM

I would agree too! Get a quality power supply and one that is at least 550 watts.
March 2, 2006 4:49:13 AM

my friend ahd some genaric pos PSU that acctually melted, so yes get a better PSU and mobo cus that sucks too.
March 3, 2006 8:47:39 AM

I would lean towards a better psu and possibly downgrade the CPU.

that said, some generic psu's out there are fine, ive had a few which have been running a few years now with little 12v rail discrepency and no over heating. Ive also had a few go melt on me- my fault, asked too much of the poor 300w piece of tin. your generic psu is over 400w so wont have to work too hard.

other than that the set up seems ok, you buildin it yer self?
March 3, 2006 9:49:50 AM

Hello from Greece...

May i suggest an ASUS mobo and OCZ Gold Edition 2x512?

If u don't care for SLI support A8N - E is a great mobo... and the OCZ modules can help u with overclocking...

I agree on the 3.2 AMD and the PSU.

You can buy one with removable cables to help u improve the airflow of your case.
!