No return IP address in IPconfig but VPN connects ok

darren

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi all,

Interesting situation at my job today. I set up a Sonicwall VPN
tunnel/AS400 Client Access session on a remote users computer
according to all specifications. He is using a DSL line, so I entered
the corporate firewall address, passcode, etc......all settings looked
ok and the tunnel opens and connects perfectly.

But the AS/400 session times out. It will not not connect. The AS400
name is properly resolving to the hosts file and as mentioned, the .WS
emulation session is configured properly and the tunnel is open. After
investigating further, I realized that I cannot ping the AS/400 from a
cmd prompt(times out) and when doing an IP config I noticed that the
Sonicwall Virtual adapter address was 0.0.0.0.0.

It seems like for some reason I am unable to get a virtual address to
make the connection remote. Anyone have any ideas what I can do next?

Thanks for any help available,
DB

I bet the user has a router between the PC and the DSL Modem. The router
may need to be told to allow VPN traffic. On my Linksys there was 2
check boxes that allowed or disabled vpn traffic.

Darren wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Interesting situation at my job today. I set up a Sonicwall VPN
> tunnel/AS400 Client Access session on a remote users computer
> according to all specifications. He is using a DSL line, so I entered
> the corporate firewall address, passcode, etc......all settings looked
> ok and the tunnel opens and connects perfectly.
>
> But the AS/400 session times out. It will not not connect. The AS400
> name is properly resolving to the hosts file and as mentioned, the .WS
> emulation session is configured properly and the tunnel is open. After
> investigating further, I realized that I cannot ping the AS/400 from a
> cmd prompt(times out) and when doing an IP config I noticed that the
> Sonicwall Virtual adapter address was 0.0.0.0.0.
>
> It seems like for some reason I am unable to get a virtual address to
> make the connection remote. Anyone have any ideas what I can do next?
>
> Thanks for any help available,
> DB

which sonicwall client are you using?