Ink/Paper LED blinking on BJ-300

GP

Distinguished
May 22, 2004

You'll say "Hey. The damned thing is 15 years old, throw it away!" But I've
barely printed 10 000 pages with the "damned thing" and it still prints OK...
when it does.

I opened the casing and checked the little sponge in the purge unit. To my
surprise, it wasn't there. Maybe it dropped while I was moving the printer
around. So, I put one back in. But I still have the same problem: the
Ink/Paper LED keeps blinking. Well most of the time. I succeeded in printing a
few lines, then it stopped, Ink/Paper LED blinking again.

Any idea?

GP

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Ink is out ?
Cartridge sensor defective ?

"GP" <gilpel@inverse.nretla.org> schreef in bericht
> You'll say "Hey. The damned thing is 15 years old, throw it away!" But
> I've barely printed 10 000 pages with the "damned thing" and it still
> prints OK... when it does.
>
> I opened the casing and checked the little sponge in the purge unit. To my
> surprise, it wasn't there. Maybe it dropped while I was moving the printer
> around. So, I put one back in. But I still have the same problem: the
> Ink/Paper LED keeps blinking. Well most of the time. I succeeded in
> printing a few lines, then it stopped, Ink/Paper LED blinking again.
>
> Any idea?
>
> GP

GP

Distinguished
May 22, 2004

James wrote:

> Ink is out ?

Gee! Thanks for the suggestion. I never thought about that.

Do you think I could recycle motor oil in the printer? It's so much cheaper
than ink.

GP

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> James wrote:
>
>> Ink is out ?
>
> Gee! Thanks for the suggestion. I never thought about that.
>
> Do you think I could recycle motor oil in the printer? It's so much
> cheaper than ink.
>
> GP

No, because of viscosity.
Every other ink is fine. Buy some aged hp cartridges.
Still have some cheap cartridges over here in Europe (near Brussels...)

You can try water also... will not harm the printhead ;-)