Kanillen

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
I have seen a lot of problems regarding this grahpic card but not a solution yet, I have tried 2 cards on 2 systems with same problems with black screens when booting and system hang and rebot during gaming. I returned the cards to my supplier and got an answer today thet the cards work fine in their test. So here I am, stuck with 2 graphick cards that don't work in my systems. Have replaced pwr supplies, flashed bios, tried latest drivers a.s.o. Any Ideas?

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
shitty mobos? Try older agp drivers.
But u have to be more specific here; When u say, you rerplaced psu, I don´t know if u trade a 300W for a shitty 350W with 12A on 12v rail....

AGP or PCI, if AGP are you absolutely sure you can support AGP 3.0, if not it probably won't work. If PCI, don't know. anyone else have any thoughts?

I brought a 6600GT, and had to get a new mobo to support it, worked fine then.

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
Is it agp or pci? Because if it's agp u have to do more than change the psu. U have to plug a 4 pin molex conector to the card...

Kanillen

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
PWR Supply = 500W of good brand, are using 4 pin molex and plenty of 12V Amps.
System is Dell 4300, 1.8 MHz 512 MB , Fujutsi/Siemens 1.7 MHz 512 MB both are using AGP Bus. Can it be that the systems in general is to old for the graphic card?

Kanillen

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
I've tried the driver delivered with the cards since August last year when I purshased them, and every new available release. By the way the cards are from Gainward and the support have been usless from them, The systems hang more freqvent with TFT screen than CRT, which Gainward is aware of but dont do anything about.

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
I really don´t know. Try to read everything about 6600gGTs and above on these foruns, because maybe I'm going to start writing shit that you already know or tried. The best thing to do is test it on a friend's computer, and see it with your eyes no matter what the supplier says....

FlyGuy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2005
Actually the slot just needs to be AGP 2.0 compliant, supporting 1.5V. Check the voltage settings in the bios. I don't know if Dell's will actually let you change it though but have a look.

Those are both older machines and even though the card may physically fit in the slot they still might not be getting enough voltage. The extra power connection doesn't matter in this instance.

Will be happy to stand corrected, but I thought that 3 was 0.8V and 1 and 2 were 1.5V, or was it 3.3v and 1.5v.

Anyway, the only reason I mentioned it was that I had a no fault found upon return of a 6600GT because my mobo in theory supported the correct voltage on AGP, but was not actually AGP 3.0 compliant.

Again I might have the version numbers wrong, and it might be 1.1 to 2.0 and not 2.0 to 3.0, but they do sound like older systems. Mine was on a 2000+ althon XP which was not cutting edge when I got it in late 2002.

It just seems to be a more obvious answer than drivers as the drivers haven't started up yet.