evga mobos any good

kais

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
my cousin wants me to build him a gaming pc and he doesnt want to go over 1 grand which isnt bad. i was wondering if the evga nforce4 sli mobo is anygood and could i get an opty 165 to hit 2.6 with it snd if it will deliver good performance.....comparable to maybe a dfi sli board
and its 330 for a bundle with a 7800gt

Chazz27

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
You know...I just ordered a bunch of parts from ZipZoomFly for a new system I getting ready to build. I got my motherboard from Newegg, Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe. Got the CPU at Zip and they threw in a eVGA nForce4 SLI motherboard for free. I wondered why.... :lol:

kais

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
yeh its a bundle mine doesnt come for free... its 110 after rebates and i can get the 7800gt for 220. in the reviews i heard they were good...some were screwed up because some people dont know wth theyre doing

corvetteguy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
yeh its a bundle mine doesnt come for free... its 110 after rebates and i can get the 7800gt for 220. in the reviews i heard they were good...some were screwed up because some people dont know wth theyre doing

yeah, its not free, but the price has been..."rearanged", because if you add the prices up, 330 whatever dollars, its about the same as the average 7800gt regular price, so in essence, your getting the mobo for free.

I believe these are first year boards for evga. Personally I wouldn't get one, and they won't give you the options of dfi.

Getting one with the video card for free is a sham. Get a card, buy a different mobo. If not dfi, then msi, or a middle of the line asus....good luck......

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
They're supposed to be decent for a free motherboard. Of course they're not as good as the ASUS or DFI boards, but you're also not spending the extra money on it either.

corvetteguy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
they may be a good deal, but to me, the motherboard is the most important part of a pc, cause its the centre of everything. I would get the best mobo, even if i had the crappiest everything else, cause i know it will work, and can upgrade without worrying about the mobo.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The problem is that nobody can define the "best" motherboard as all the top brands seem to have problems of their own. The eVGA board works great, Anandtech recommends the same board under a different brand (Jetway makes these boards for both brands).

The ONLY problem I've had with mine is...it's just about the crappiest overclocking board I have, it only gets around 225MHz bus at 5x HT and 240 or so at 4x HT with the chipset overvolted.