Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Zalman
  • Heat
  • Heatsinks
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
February 24, 2006 1:10:38 AM

I seem to be getting 40-55 C on my 7800 GT, is this an acceptable heat? I'm even using a zalman heatsink... maybe I put on the thermal grease wrong?

I clocked it back to normal and it is still 45c or so.

More about : good heat

February 24, 2006 2:10:30 AM

Thats Quite Cool for a Core temp actually .. I Have a 6800 Ultra and it runs at load temp of 80c steady .. the ram will heat up to 60c..

This winter i frose my room out opening the window to -30 temps and the Core went down to 68/72 under load.. Runnung benchmarks i saw no gain or loss in Fps.. Basically it runs the same Fps at whatever heat the core seems to be at.. its not overclocked.. and i still have 3 years on warranty.. im not even remotly worried about these temps.. :} i do understand the 7800 solutions are a bit better designed than my Card, but they all have a core slowdown threshold of like 120 130 c .. heh.. so your fine .. IMHO :}

cheers
March 15, 2006 4:21:35 AM

Quote:
I seem to be getting 40-55 C on my 7800 GT, is this an acceptable heat? I'm even using a zalman heatsink... maybe I put on the thermal grease wrong?

I clocked it back to normal and it is still 45c or so.

Those are VERY good temps for a gpu. Mine is in the 60's and I haven't even OC'ed it at all.
March 15, 2006 4:58:01 AM

That temp is pretty good man, but what is your full load temps?
!