Netgear FVS318 & Sonicwall 230 VPN Tunnel

Quick question for the group,

I'm going through the process of preparing to set up VPN tunnels for
one of my clients. They currently have 5 remote office that all use
Citrix to connect into the Corporate office.

They are having me upgrade their infrastructure, and included in that
is implementing a Time & Attendance system that utilizies ethernet.

So, I'm going to set up the tunnels to cut down on the cost on the
project.

Now, to the crux of my question; I don't think I'm going to have any
issues setting up the tunnels...Sonicwall actually has great docs for
connecting these two types of Internet appliances. However, what is
not clear is a way to have the remote sites not hit the Internet
through the tunnel, but rather use the local gateway to do so.

I've been experimenting at the home office with no success, although I
haven't hunkered down with a gallon of coffee and a bad attitude to
tackle it. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.
Shawn
Digital-Fortress, LLC

Hello,

I assume that your VPN clients are MS-Windows boxes. With the Cisco VPN
client, I know tha once the tunnel is established other TCP/IP
communications on the client PC are suspended. The VPN takes
control/priority of the internetworking for the box.

At a job not too long ago this was something which kind of bugged us.
We would need to bring up the VPN tunnel in order to telnet in to a host
to use an application. We would have to bring the VPN connection down
in order to fire up the Citrix client to access the headquarters servers.

Other people's experience/knowledge might be different. This is just my
2 cents.

Hope this helps,

-greg knopf
gtknopf@yahoo.com