Issue:
CD provided by friend cannot be read. Receive "Incorrect
function" when attempt to browse it via explorer.

Tried:
Requested 2nd CD which has same problem. Person
advises "they can read it"
Tried CD both on Windows 2000 & Windows XP operating
system.

Research
I see that there are known problems with Roxio & XP,
which I am assuming also hit W2K
Resolutions all target the CD writer's machine. Ie: "This
problem may occur if the CD recording program from Roxio
Easy CD Creator is installed on the computer, and if the
version of the CD recording program is not compatible
with Windows XP. Easy CD Creator version 4.x and earlier
versions are not supported in Windows XP. " they point
to patches to be installed on the creator's machine.

Question:
Is anyone aware of a way, that I can open this CD. Any
special software or fixes I can put on my end?

Jayne Little wrote:
> Issue:
> CD provided by friend cannot be read. Receive "Incorrect
> function" when attempt to browse it via explorer.
>
> Tried:
> Requested 2nd CD which has same problem. Person
> advises "they can read it"
> Tried CD both on Windows 2000 & Windows XP operating
> system.
>
> Research
> I see that there are known problems with Roxio & XP,
> which I am assuming also hit W2K
> Resolutions all target the CD writer's machine. Ie: "This
> problem may occur if the CD recording program from Roxio
> Easy CD Creator is installed on the computer, and if the
> version of the CD recording program is not compatible
> with Windows XP. Easy CD Creator version 4.x and earlier
> versions are not supported in Windows XP. " they point
> to patches to be installed on the creator's machine.
>
> Question:
> Is anyone aware of a way, that I can open this CD. Any
> special software or fixes I can put on my end?

You can get that message in a number of cases.. The first that comes to mind
is trying to read a macintosh formatted CD on a PC. I doubt it has ANYTHING
to do with the OS. You can get a bootdisk with CD drivers from
bootdisk.com, boot up and prove that to yourself if you like.

You said you tried it on Windows 2000 and Windows XP, different machines or
dual boot?
Have access to a macintosh to read the data? (Many times a macintosh can
read things a PC cannot.)
What did the person who made it use to create it?

--
<- Shenan ->

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

Did your friend "master" the cd with Easy CD Creator or did your friend
create it using Easy CD Creator's drag to disk program called DirectCd? If
your friend used the second method than you won't be able to read it without
DirectCd installed on your computer.