links in OE not showing as read

Hi

I thought it might be a cache problem, but cleaning my
cache hasn't helped.

After installing latest Windows update, links in e-mail
messages are no longer changing from the blue color to
the pink color. I (*sheepish grin*) belong to programs
which credit when links are clicked, so it is a way that
I can know when I have already clicked something.

There are settings to mark mesages as read, but don't
seem to be any to mark links in messages as read.

Any ideas?

I can't tell you why MS made this change with SP2, but if you're
reading in plain text, the color won't change. Using HTML, they will.
--
Bruce Hagen
~IB-CA~

"T" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I thought it might be a cache problem, but cleaning my
> cache hasn't helped.
>
> After installing latest Windows update, links in e-mail
> messages are no longer changing from the blue color to
> the pink color. I (*sheepish grin*) belong to programs
> which credit when links are clicked, so it is a way that
> I can know when I have already clicked something.
>
> There are settings to mark mesages as read, but don't
> seem to be any to mark links in messages as read.
>

> Any ideas?

Thank you for the quick reply! And glad to know it WAS
related to the update.

However, I DO have the option to read messages in plain
text UNchecked. There doesn't seem to be a specific
option to read in HTML.

Am I doing something else wrong?

That's all I had to do. Uncheck the box. Go to the Security tab and
uncheck the "Block images............." box and see if that makes a
difference.
--

> Thank you for the quick reply! And glad to know it WAS
> related to the update.
>

> However, I DO have the option to read messages in plain
> text UNchecked. There doesn't seem to be a specific
> option to read in HTML.
>
> Am I doing something else wrong?

Oh!

You're a genius!

Actually, I was wondering about that option...but hadn't
tried it.

Thank you so much

Back to my clicking for pennies...