FREE SUN 9.6Ghz Galaxy Server (no joke!)

IVAces

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
Why is it that there are so many people on this forum that have nothing of any value to say?
These people seem get pleasure from making sarcastic, negative, or despariging remarks about everything and everyone.

If you aren't going to be constructive, leave the posting to mature people please.

WOWchamp

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2005
Hes an honrary poster and your a newbie.... and if your serious about it then give prozac the details im sure he would glady take it

purelithium

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2006
If you guys would have actually followed the link he provided, and you filled out the forms, you could see that it's more of a promotional giveaway, and they say that if you write a review that satisfies Sun's marketing department, they'll let you keep the server.

But they aren't actual 9ghz servers. They are 1-something ghz but they claim they run as though they were 9ghz.

Why don't you actually research things before you post disparaging remarks about it?

IVAces

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
1. What "honor" is there in being sarcastic and making disperaging remarks to somone that is just trying to pass on useful information?

2. If you had followed the link I left on the original comment instead jumping to conclusions, You'd have inevitably come to the same conclusion as PureLithium and could have made a comment from a educated prospective.

Rabidpeanut

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
Calm down everyone, fighting is completely and utterly pointless unless you are fighting over something that needs fighting over, or is even marginally worth fighting over.

IVAces

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
My only point in all of this is that ever since I've been posting here, I've seen too many people who need help or want to help by posting their experience etc. and all they get is virtual spittle on their face for the trouble.

This forum has so many tallented, experienced, and well versed people here. We should be trying to help each other and enjoy each other's intellectual property instead of trying to bring each other down.

I read Johnathan Schwartzes blog and I thought to myself "Hey, the guys at the forms may be interested in trying one of these things out for themselves or their company!" and this is what happens.

Preecher

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
It's only free for 60 DAYS! After 60 days you need to pay for it, regardless.

Your choice of the following configurations of the new Sun Fire T2000 Server that outperforms the competition with up to 3x* the performance, at half the power and cooling costs:
T20-104A-08GA2C (4 cores, 1.0GHz, 2x73GB, 16-512MB, 2xPSU)
T20-106A-08GA2C (6 cores, 1.0GHz, 2x73GB, 16-512MB, 2xPSU)
T20-108A-08GA2C (8 cores, 1.0GHz, 2x73GB, 16-512MB, 2xPSU)
T20-108A-16GA2C (8 cores, 1.0GHz, 2x73GB, 16x1GB, 2xPSU)
Automatic billing 60 days after shipment, unless unit is returned within the 60 day period.

If you read all the terms, you will see there is no way to "really" get the server for free ;)

G

It's the 21th god damn century! Who gives out things for free??? Even to try? They'll make you pay for it whether you like it or not.

I'm totally with you on this one. And YES. I followed your link and I've read what this guy has to say. And honestly I dont believe a word.

ELGoku

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
No Screeny. Don't Want It.
And most probably I would just use it to say MY PC IS FASTER THAN YOURS to my friends.
Then I'd go back to my room and cry with my Celeron 333Mhz. LoL. :lol: