Bad crackling noises during music playback

reverb989

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
When I start up my computer I experience sound crackinling, when I play music it always happens, sometiems with movies but generally it never happens during movies. I believe it may be somethign to do with system sound file being corrupt. maybe. but i have installed a SB live! 24 bit card and tried it in another computer, tried my speakers in another computer and both worked fine. i have updated the drivers. i have tried a different pci slot. i am pretty sure i disabled the onboard sound through unplugging it from the motherboard. but i may have left something out in that process, so let me know abotu that one. otherwise i don't know what to try next. suggestions so that i can actually listen to music wihtout craclking and skipping type noises, seeing as the new sound card only made the skiping/crackling noises sound nicer. thanks!

emd

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2004
i got the same trouble with a hd an a cd -r next to death
if you watch the flashes on the led of the case and the crackin sync whit that
led of the hd that´s it
I´ve got to change these for new parts and maybe you use itunes aplication as me to transform your cd in mp3 there´s a correction option and last less than real player
there are another software amplifiers that reduce the noise as audiomaestro
but only if your cd is very damaged I recommend it

G

What is your computer? The Lives are notorious for this problem on certain systems. I dealt with it for years waiting for that magic driver update which would never come before hucking the stupid thing in the trash. Good Luck.