connect laptop to tower without monitor

I wish to have my tower 9without monitor) attached to the laptop like a hard
drive. Or use the laptop as a monitor for the Tower
Both units have network cards, wireless and Ethernet, and Windows XP.
--
Gina

ginaraz wrote:
> I wish to have my tower 9without monitor) attached to the laptop like a hard
> drive. Or use the laptop as a monitor for the Tower
> Both units have network cards, wireless and Ethernet, and Windows XP.

This was answered in the XP-General group, and the answer was that they
could be networked together. Look up "network" in XP Help and Support.
All the information you'll need is there, and there's a network setup
wizard that will walk you through the process.

Hi Gina,

I don't think it's going to work the way you are thinking. It sounds like
you basically want them to function as one machine. Since they are still two
separate machines and two separate operating systems, you can do either of
the following:

- Set up shares on the tower and connect to them as network drives from the
laptop.
- Set up a remote desktop connection to the tower from the laptop (WinXP Pro
must be installed on the tower)

What you can't do is set up the tower to directly input to the laptops'
display.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/