GAME SETTING ?

icbluscrn

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
I have been wondering, what settings should i set the card to In the toolbar? Meaning performance settings should i leave aa and af to aplication controlled? more importantly is there a way of finding out if the app is actually changing the settings? or should i set them to what i have the game set to?

G

For games that let you choose AA/AF from within the game menu, I think it's generally better to enable from within the game. Some older games (liek CoD, for instance) don't have AA/AF settings in the menu, and so doing it from the Display Driver panel is the only way to enable them.

For my global driver setting, I've left these to "app. controlled". Then for specific titles, I enable AA/AF if I can't do it in game. Works pretty well and yes it DOES make a diff. Crank AF way up and kick off a game, you'll notice the diff in gfx AND framerate :wink:

FlyGuy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2005
Yes, some games implement the AA/AF differently, albeit I don't know how. If you look at reviews it always says that they set the controls to application preference. And yes, of course some games don't let you add or change any of it in game so then it's a manual chore.

I think it makes sense to leave it up to the game because then you can set it up for each game individuallly. Say you changed it for one game, then wanted to switch but that game doesn't run as well with AA as the first so then you have to change it everytime you play. :wink: