OCZ Platinum ram question

cisco

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2004
I own 2x1gigs of OCZ platinum ram 2.2.3.5. 1T ram. I am having problems getting my FSB up very high like other people are getting when overclocking. Just wanted to know if anyone has this ram and what it is capable of. Is there anywhere I can go to get this information?

boilermaker_jb1

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2006
use a memory divider and dude this is the wrong section for this question...... :? i have the same stuff on a different computer and wasnt' able to get much past 220 you could try upping the voltage

a1ien

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2006
I own 2x1gigs of OCZ platinum ram 2.2.3.5. 1T ram. I am having problems getting my FSB up very high like other people are getting when overclocking. Just wanted to know if anyone has this ram and what it is capable of. Is there anywhere I can go to get this information?
There is a place, go to OCZ's website and go to the forums and you can find it there

i have the same stuff on a different computer and wasnt' able to get much past 220 you could try upping the voltage
I have the same memory as well. Just losen the timings up a bit, I'm able to get it up past 230 and 240 with loser timings and I haven't even played with the voltages yet. Good luck.

apesoccer

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004
Mine runs 255fsb without issue, but i didn't bother to try to bring the timings down.

3 5 5 10 13 14 3 3 1T @ 255 at 2.8v (i run out of core voltage at this point...or i'd push it further).

Oh and btw...You'll get more responses if you post this in the Memory or CPU Overclocking sections instead of the graphics card oc'ing section. =D

admiral25

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006

I run mine @ 211mhz with 2-2-2-5 with a 2/3 divider(315x9), cpu speed is king vs high fsb/htt or loose timings.

apesoccer

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004
cpu speed is king vs high fsb/htt or loose timings

That's true in some situations...if we're assuming that using a divider is going to have a higher fsb then running 1:1. When fsb speeds are constant that isn't true. It's also not true for 10-15% above 1:1 in many cases. For instance, when i oc'd my 3800 to 2.7 on a divider, it scored very similarly to my 2.5 1:1 score in 3dmark 05. Also, in comparing other systems to my own system (1:1), using the search tool provided by futuremark, there are 0 systems that score better then i do with the same parts and a divider (while having a higher cpu speed then i do).

Parts to search by:
X2 processor ALL
6800 series in SLI

The only scores the beat mine, are 1:1.

Outside of 3D type benches, like SuperPI, this doesn't hold as true. It's more like 5-10% instead of 10-15%.

So while what you say has truth in it, you might want to add a little information, so you don't accidentally misinform people.

admiral25

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
cpu speed is king vs high fsb/htt or loose timings

That's true in some situations...if we're assuming that using a divider is going to have a higher fsb then running 1:1. When fsb speeds are constant that isn't true. It's also not true for 10-15% above 1:1 in many cases. For instance, when i oc'd my 3800 to 2.7 on a divider, it scored very similarly to my 2.5 1:1 score in 3dmark 05. Also, in comparing other systems to my own system (1:1), using the search tool provided by futuremark, there are 0 systems that score better then i do with the same parts and a divider (while having a higher cpu speed then i do).

Parts to search by:
X2 processor ALL
6800 series in SLI

The only scores the beat mine, are 1:1.

Outside of 3D type benches, like SuperPI, this doesn't hold as true. It's more like 5-10% instead of 10-15%.

So while what you say has truth in it, you might want to add a little information, so you don't accidentally misinform people.

3dmark means nothing, ingame tells a better tale vs that program.

apesoccer

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004
ingame tells a better tale vs that program
...Not a better tale, a different tale. Different by how it's been setup by the user, or how the program decided to set itself up, dependant on the hardware provided. In using 3dmark, I was using a program that can give repeatable consistant results. Something you can check one gpu against another, and KNOW that it's better or worse, and in what areas. In-game is not a viable check for testing against other computers. It's not viable because there isn't a standard benchmark and settings to go by. It wasn't designed to be that bench...It was designed to be a game.

That said, it's the games that count in the end; i'm not trying to take away from that. But for the sake of testing, people use bench type programs, which can be more accurately reproduced than typical in-game testing.