startup message

After removing a game program (Wild Tangent)I now get a
message on startup that windows can't find a program
called cdaEngine0400.dll. How can I eliminate this?
3 answers Last reply
More about startup message

    This wild tangent is so obnoxious, I just hate it. Why do they feel they
    can damage peoples computers like this - it's a crime. I don't know the
    fix. Can you look at the items in start up (run -> msconfig -> startup) and
    uncheck the program related to wild tangent? Good luck

    "lou" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After removing a game program (Wild Tangent)I now get a
    > message on startup that windows can't find a program
    > called cdaEngine0400.dll. How can I eliminate this?

    After I posted this question I unchecked the file in
    msconfig. But now I get the selective startup message.
    Does anyone know how to delete the program from msconfig??

    On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 09:13:37 -0700, lou wrote:

    > After I posted this question I unchecked the file in
    > msconfig. But now I get the selective startup message.
    > Does anyone know how to delete the program from msconfig??

    On the screen with the notification of selective startup, check the "Do not
    tell me again" box and click OK. You will not see that screen again until
    you disable something else in MSCONFIG.

    Then go to the Wild Tangent website or one of the spyware websites and look
    up uninstall directions for whatever components of theirs that you have
    installed.

    Some references for you:

    http://www.wildtangent.com/default.asp?pageID=support
    http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/library/wildtangent/index.phtml