EPOX vs ASUS vs MSI???

Any of the 3 will likely have more FSB headroom than whatever processor you are using does...

All have decent OC/stabilty reputations...

(I believe the MSI even has an integrated SB Live sound solution, doesn't it?)

ms2005

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
MSI has integrated SB sound only on SLI version. I have 2 of them and they include very good software but it has one weak point. The chipset fan is a cheap high speed unit which fails often enough they have set up a chipset fan only RMA service (but they charge $10 S&H). The chipset fan is also right under the vidoe chard which makes it hard to fit aftermarket solutions.

thebunny

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
I have an MSI k8n Neo4 Platinum and it is a SUPERB mobo, stable, great sound 8) great OC potential and so on and so on... and of course, the fan does a lot of noise :tongue:

My own K8N Neo-4 (standard, non-platinum) is also stable, so long as I keep the FSB below about a relatively pathetic 225 MHz or so (even with mem at lower base clock), and lower the HTT multiplier to 3x from 5x! :-(

twall

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2005
Any of the 3 will likely have more FSB headroom than whatever processor you are using does...

All have decent OC/stabilty reputations...

(I believe the MSI even has an integrated SB Live sound solution, doesn't it?)

I agree.

It's just me, but i would go with EPoX. I'm assuming, since you are not getting an SLI or Crossfire, or even a mobo with better NorthChip, this computer is not for extreme gaming. Even if that's your intention, you are on a limited budget, or you don't think two graphic cards are not necessarily better than one (which is true in some cases). Anyway, as mdd1963 said, all of these motherboards are equally good in your case, which i agree.

So just buy EPoX, it is the cheapest :)

You can buy another stick of ram with the money you save. Or something else.