the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and
Microsoft Windows applications, i get this error message
when i try to open some of my programmes, i have looked
in help and support but it tells me it is an error for
windows nt which i am not running, can anyone help me on
how to solve this problem, thanks jayne

Hi jayne,

Have a look at this MSKB article, "Error message when you install or start
an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based program":

If the file that is referenced in the error message is autoexec.nt or
config.nt, oftentimes copying the referenced file from the C:\Windows\repair
folder to the C:\Windows\System32 folder resolves the problem.

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"jayne vanleer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and
> Microsoft Windows applications, i get this error message
> when i try to open some of my programmes, i have looked
> in help and support but it tells me it is an error for
> windows nt which i am not running, can anyone help me on
> how to solve this problem, thanks jayne

Daytona

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2004

"Patti MacLeod" <pam120@nospamshaw.ca> wrote in message news:<eXwqxZUjEHA.1312@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>...
> Hi jayne,
>
> Have a look at this MSKB article, "Error message when you install or start
> an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based program":
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=324767
>
> If the file that is referenced in the error message is autoexec.nt or
> config.nt, oftentimes copying the referenced file from the C:\Windows\repair
> folder to the C:\Windows\System32 folder resolves the problem.
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Patti MacLeod
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
> "jayne vanleer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and
> > Microsoft Windows applications, i get this error message
> > when i try to open some of my programmes, i have looked
> > in help and support but it tells me it is an error for
> > windows nt which i am not running, can anyone help me on
> > how to solve this problem, thanks jayne

After copy set it to READONLY so it wont be deleted again!! this is
just a workaround untill you find out why this is happening!