Blizzard Reducing Diablo III Inferno Difficulty...Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
in other words players complained about inferno difficulty loot not being all that amazing and it wasnt worth the time to actually beat inferno. real money auction ruined this game in so many ways.

Borisblade7

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
Very misleading article title. Actually they are nerfing defensive stats too so overall its a minor difficulty decrease.

Most importantly they are putting in the Monster Power system (which other sites have the info on), which will let you increase or lower monster power to whatever you want, so make it so hard you cant beat it, or make it lower to just have fun killing things. Your rewards get adjusted accordingly.

Overall this is a great change. It fixes teh problems of mandatory skills which was huge and made my zerker, as well as a few other classes, very limited and boring. And it fixes the problem of some people wanting it harder while others do not since they dont have the absurd amounts of time to get uber gear or want to spend stupid amounts of real money to also get the gear so they can actually play the harder difficulties. Plus its just gonna be nice to be able to bump up the difficulty at lower levels where it was too easy. It makes leveling more fun.

audi911

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Another failed attempt to get people to come back to a game that they failed so miserably on.
D3 is the most discouraging game I've played ever.
RMAH killed this game
Blizzard knows it
and they are laughing all the way to the bank at the countless amounts of people who are still buying from it.

Who do you think really won in this?
The users who complained about the patch
or the company who are making free money for doing nothing but having a forum open for people to sell things.

RMAH is a very public legal internet mafia

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
the real problem with the RMAH is that by its nature, items had to be alot rarer. if loot drops were like D2, the RMAH would be filled with rare items and wouldnt fetch much cash. but his just came and bit Blizzard in the ass because faithful players were painstakingly beating inferno over and over again, but didnt get any amazing legendaries or other great loot. Those faithful players started leaving, so blizzard had to make inferno easier just so that beating inferno multiple times wasnt considered too much risk for crap reward.

If RMAH didnt exist, looting would be back to normal D2 days, and people would be more satisfied with what they were finding. having more fun. I lost hope for D3, I definitely wont be getting back into that again.

Torchlight 2 is coming in a few days. MY BODY IS READY!

G

Diablo 3 is terrible. Long live Path of Exile. It's what Diablo 3 should have been.

G

Everyone keeps mentioning Torchlight 2. That game will be okay, but not nearly as impressive as Path of Exile. It's what D3 should have been. Check out the skill system. I've never seen anything like it.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
today borderland 2 release = Diablo 3 sink deeper.

2 days later Torchlight 2 release = Diablo 3 sink another step deeper.

btw, Torchlight 2 is top seller on steam now lol

lashabane

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
I'm preloaded for T2 and am downloading Borderlands 2 now.

I'm doing this as a way of saying "sorry" to my inner gamer who was very disappointed in D3.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Don't worry according to my friends the REAL Diablo III is coming out in a few days, it is called Torchlight II. Great many discussions I had with them on why they considered Torchlight II the spiritual successor to Diablo I & II, weither or not you believe me I have seen them play the beta and heard about it and all I have to say is BUY IT. It sounds fun, and all I hear is praise about it thus far. And let us put that blasphemy they call Diablo III to rest and forget it ever existed right next to Duke Nukem Forever.

y0su

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
Only one person on my battle.net friends list still plays D3 (granted, most don't play any Blizzard games anymore - I'm still active in the sc2 scene).

Guess Borderlands, GW and Torchlight sequels are a bit more attractive.

G

Path of Exile's skill system seems similar to FF7's materia system

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
I hope they don't include huge bugs as enemies, because that's stupid!

[citation][nom]assasin32[/nom]Don't worry according to my friends the REAL Diablo III is coming out in a few days, it is called Torchlight II. Great many discussions I had with them on why they considered Torchlight II the spiritual successor to Diablo I & II, weither or not you believe me I have seen them play the beta and heard about it and all I have to say is BUY IT. It sounds fun, and all I hear is praise about it thus far. And let us put that blasphemy they call Diablo III to rest and forget it ever existed right next to Duke Nukem Forever.[/citation]

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
Inferno was pointless, the builds pointless. Blizzard is on a nose dive, can't believe HoT will have a RMAH for mods as well which they earn money off of. No faith in blizzard anymore. Over run by money hungry developers pumping out s***.

IQ11110002

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
DO NOT touch the fkn game anymore blizzard. It's fine with latest patch which has just about put it back to pre 1.0.3, Should of just left the game alone to begin with. People want a challenge and now you are taking that away. Whole point of Diablo was the grind to get better gear so you can progress. The satisfaction you get after weeks of frustration then finally getting a good drop or making enough gold to buy just that 1 more piece of armour that makes you advance a bit more, That is what it's about. Leave it hard, I whinged at the start thinking the game was way too hard and unbalanced but all it turned out to be was my gear was TOO SHIT and wrong combination of skills. Without youtubing and ruining experience I learned by trial and error the right way to play for my gaming style and now have act 2 and 3 on farm. The game will kick you in the arse when you try to play hero and try to advance too quick while not being ready for it that's what I like. Act 4 is doing that to me currently but once again I will grind it out and try new skills until I have that on farm. Whingers need to stop asking for nerfs and play better/grind more, Yes I said it just as it was said to me when I was in that position a while back.
Noobs!!!! ;)

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
[citation][nom]assasin32[/nom]Don't worry according to my friends the REAL Diablo III is coming out in a few days, it is called Torchlight II. Great many discussions I had with them on why they considered Torchlight II the spiritual successor to Diablo I & II, weither or not you believe me I have seen them play the beta and heard about it and all I have to say is BUY IT. It sounds fun, and all I hear is praise about it thus far. And let us put that blasphemy they call Diablo III to rest and forget it ever existed right next to Duke Nukem Forever.[/citation]

I think you mean Path of Exile.

Torchlight 2 might be fun for a while, but fact remains, it's a cartoon.

cobraron84

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
[citation][nom]audi911[/nom]Another failed attempt to get people to come back to a game that they failed so miserably on.D3 is the most discouraging game I've played ever.RMAH killed this gameBlizzard knows itand they are laughing all the way to the bank at the countless amounts of people who are still buying from it.Who do you think really won in this?The users who complained about the patchor the company who are making free money for doing nothing but having a forum open for people to sell things.RMAH is a very public legal internet mafia[/citation]

[sarcasm]Yeah I hate when people make money solely for running a website and managing it and letting people sell each other things...like eBay... [/sarcasm]

zeratul600

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
why people complain about RMAH its the best thing that the game has im level 44 and already made 7 bucks! its half wow monthly fee, for people in third world countries (like me) its almost as much money as i do on my full time job, and in fact if i manage to do 12 dollars per day i can begin to think how it will be to quit my job!, so dont throw !@# at the RMAH, the only thing i dont like its the 10 auction limit, or the lack of customization of the AH GUI

Miharu

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007

This is the main problem of Blizzard South. All their game are so unperfect that they try to fix with patch.
On Diablo III, this turn to be a NON-SENSE crazy fixing whatever they want. It's not just bug fix... they change the game. I still play and I still feel it's a freaking beta.

Also something Blizzard doesn't said... "they reduce gold items and legendary items drop, 1-2 weeks after 1.04. Fix on game servers". :non:

Status
Not open for further replies.