Help please X30 to Nokia 6310 to internet connection

September 26, 2004 3:36:01 AM

I have just got my Dell X30 Bluetooth and want to connect it to the internet
with my Nokia 6310i Bluetooth, my service provider O2 UK assigns me 2000kb
GPRS allowance per month, so I would guess that this would be best way to
connect to my internet service provider BT/Yahoo.

I am a beginner but have managed to connect my Bluetooth headset to my Nokia
with no problems, the same cannot be said for the X30 at times following the
instructions in the hand book it seems to connect but then drops the
connection, I think I can master the Bluetooth connection but I have not got
a clue how to set up the GPRS connection, so if anyone can help/point me in
the right direction I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance

John
September 26, 2004 3:36:02 AM

Have a look at the BT guides at
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/default.asp. But with my 6310i
the dial code is *99#

Anonymous
September 26, 2004 2:54:34 PM

> I have just got my Dell X30 Bluetooth and want to connect it to the internet
> with my Nokia 6310i Bluetooth, my service provider O2 UK assigns me 2000kb
> GPRS allowance per month, so I would guess that this would be best way to
> connect to my internet service provider BT/Yahoo.

I got the same combo X30 high and a 6310i on o2. It was a bit of a pain
to get the GPRS settings configured, but I got there in the end. All the
answers I needed were at http://www.filesaveas.com/ there are a number
of pages specific to o2 and GPRS, work through them and you will get
there in the end..!

There was a thread on this combo on I think uk.telecom a month or so
back, try a google groups, the guy there got it running in the end from
the info on the above site
!